It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 3DSimED V2.8
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:41 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

3DSimED 2.8 is released.

There are improvements to the NFS Shift import, the addition of import of V8 Superstars Next Challenge and a number of fixes.

I have also made the full version available to download, no patching is required just unzip to the folder of your choice (you can make this a separate folder to earlier versions if you wish).

New users will can evaluate the full product for 20 days but will still need to purchase a license to allow product activation.

More details, and 3DSimED V2.8 to download are at http://www.sim-garage.co.uk

Cheers!

Dave Noonan

Post subject: Re: 3DSimED V2.8
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:39 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Thank you Dav :toast: e

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:16 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Thanks Dave
right click selection works fast now.. :cheers:

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:41 pm 
Driver
Driver

Thanks for the upgrade, Dave....but....I have a virtual drive installed with Windows XP because I need to export .pas files. Max 6 will not run on Windows 7. What can I do to run 3dSimEd on the virtual drive? Are we still allowed 2 activations?

..thanks

Wayne

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:20 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Thank you Dave!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:29 pm 
Driver
Driver

\o/

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:13 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Yes, no problems with the activations but I thought the virtual XP did not have hardware acceleration which means no OpenGL and no 3DSimED. (I'll gladly be corrected on this).

I'm fairly sure that you can set up Shared folders on Windows 7 that are seen by the virtual PC and you could export from Max to them and continue to use 3DSimED on the hosting Windows 7.

Cheers!

Dave N.

BOWTIE wrote:
Thanks for the upgrade, Dave....but....I have a virtual drive installed with Windows XP because I need to export .pas files. Max 6 will not run on Windows 7. What can I do to run 3dSimEd on the virtual drive? Are we still allowed 2 activations?

..thanks

Wayne

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:03 pm 
Driver
Driver

You are correct Dave. I can drag and drop from the virtual drive to Windows 7....I'm just getting everything situated on my new system and have to jump through several hoops to get all my stuff together....I'm starting to like Windows 7, just have to re-learn a few things.

thanks for your response....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:16 am 
Jackman
Jackman

HemiR wrote:
right click selection works fast now.

It does? It's still very slow for me, unless I zoom in on the object I want to select...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:39 am 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

I recently reformatted the hard drive and installed Windows XP on my computer and 3D SimEd doesn't work anymore. Well, I can run it, but it shuts down whenever I open up a model.

UPDATE: It seems that if I start a model from scratch, then click Add Object, it doesn't crash as long as the only OpenGL option selected is "One Pass" and all of the other options are turned off. Also, diagnostics don't work properly. I'm sure this is due to the reformat, but I'm not sure how to fix it. It works properly on the other computer, which is also XP.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:34 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Hello Dave,

I had a 3dsimed in my old machine but I lost the code. Only to confer prestige to your great work I'm buying another fresh license to my new computer despite to had a old one. Please check your budget tomorrow. Anyway, my doubt there's nothing to do whit that: I've installed the 2.8 version and sucessfuly imported FSX aircrafts. No sucess trying to open airports. Am I being stupid or it's not really possible?

Best regards from Brazil, SA.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:02 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

There is very little that 3DSimED requires except a good reliable OpenGL driver. Are you sure you have the latest and most capable OpenGL driver running?

Cheers!

Dave N.

TCR_500 wrote:
I recently reformatted the hard drive and installed Windows XP on my computer and 3D SimEd doesn't work anymore. Well, I can run it, but it shuts down whenever I open up a model.

UPDATE: It seems that if I start a model from scratch, then click Add Object, it doesn't crash as long as the only OpenGL option selected is "One Pass" and all of the other options are turned off. Also, diagnostics don't work properly. I'm sure this is due to the reformat, but I'm not sure how to fix it. It works properly on the other computer, which is also XP.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:13 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

How are you attempting to open airports because I only see BGL files which, I seem to remember need to be broken down to get .MDL

There is no need to purchase another copy - just use the Help->Activation Dialog to ask for a new code and I will send you a code if I have a record of your purchase.

Cheers!

Dave N.

Dummie_Tracker wrote:
Hello Dave,

I had a 3dsimed in my old machine but I lost the code. Only to confer prestige to your great work I'm buying another fresh license to my new computer despite to had a old one. Please check your budget tomorrow. Anyway, my doubt there's nothing to do whit that: I've installed the 2.8 version and sucessfuly imported FSX aircrafts. No sucess trying to open airports. Am I being stupid or it's not really possible?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:18 pm 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Thanks for reply, I'll try it.

No problem about purchasing, I think it's a good policy to support all good jobs mainly in a so constrained area as Sim Editing.

Regards

Dave Noonan wrote:
How are you attempting to open airports because I only see BGL files which, I seem to remember need to be broken down to get .MDL

There is no need to purchase another copy - just use the Help->Activation Dialog to ask for a new code and I will send you a code if I have a record of your purchase.

Cheers!

Dave N.

Dummie_Tracker wrote:
Hello Dave,

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:10 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi there

Im getting this erros

"3dSimEd MFC Application

3dSimEd MFC Application has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

how can i resolve?

thx

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next