It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:36 pm 
Driver
Driver

We have a problem car in GTR2's SCC mod. It is a LMP sportscar that was re-modeled from an existing car. The modelers got the car finished and even got it into GTR2. But no skins will appear on the car. It looks like they used existing .gtr files with some new .gtr files. So most are named for the car, but the wheels gtr and all the gmts inside have the old file name. Now I have re-named EVERYTHING I can find to the new file name. But I cannot figure out how to change the materials inside each .gmt file. I can expand the .gtr file, and edit the 6 or so items inside the .gmt. But if I exit and reload the same .gtr file, all my changes are lost. I freely admit I don't know what I'm doing, but I seem to be the only one with the time to labor through all the gmt files to fix the wheels. But if I can't figure out how to make the changes stick, I'm just wasting time.
I need a tutor to SLOWLY and PAINFULLY explain to me what the process should be.

dave henrie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:07 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Hi Dave

Probably not much help but getting the ball rolling...

So you have made sure the .gmts are packed back to the .GTR?. Do you have any of the original .GMTs in folder tree of the car?, because they could get picked up overriding anything packed to the .GTR.

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:50 pm 
Driver
Driver

Thanks Dave, I did manage to figure out the missing step, I kept looking for a SAVE button instead of the export thingie. I actually did progress past the re-naming of materials, but now I have a steering wheel that is pivoting at the bottom of the wheel instead of at the center of the wheel. And....lol....I could probably fill up pages of my ignorance....
Associated with the wheel is another issue, when I pack up the carname_steeringwheel_A.gmt into the obj.gtr, the car crashes. When I take the same gmt and place it loose in the car folder, then the car loads.
dh

Dave Noonan wrote:
Hi Dave

So you have made sure the .gmts are packed back to the .GTR?. Do you have any of the original .GMTs in folder tree of the car?, because they could get picked up overriding anything packed to the .GTR.

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:31 pm 
Driver
Driver

And I'll add another issue. The Acura LMP cars in the SCC mod for GTR2 have mirror images that are backwards. A fence that is on my left, appears in the mirror as on the far right. Similarly if a car passes you on what appears to be your right side, the passing car will whoosh by on the left(all cars that pass me whoosh) Is there a way to reverse the image so that the mirror works like the rest of the cars?

dh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:43 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Umm.. the pivot point should be retained by 3DSimED. What you can do is open the wheel as a single object and then exporting you will get the chance to define the pivot point.

Cheers!

Dave N.

davehenrie wrote:
Thanks Dave, I did manage to figure out the missing step, I kept looking for a SAVE button instead of the export thingie. I actually did progress past the re-naming of materials, but now I have a steering wheel that is pivoting at the bottom of the wheel instead of at the center of the wheel. And....lol....I could probably fill up pages of my ignorance....
Associated with the wheel is another issue, when I pack up the carname_steeringwheel_A.gmt into the obj.gtr, the car crashes. When I take the same gmt and place it loose in the car folder, then the car loads.
dh

Dave Noonan wrote:
Hi Dave

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:46 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

You probably need another forum for this one because I don't know exactly what controls these mirror images, but it's probably something to do with the texture coordinates for the mirror map - outside by knowledge base I'm afraid.

Cheers!

Dave N.

davehenrie wrote:
And I'll add another issue. The Acura LMP cars in the SCC mod for GTR2 have mirror images that are backwards. A fence that is on my left, appears in the mirror as on the far right. Similarly if a car passes you on what appears to be your right side, the passing car will whoosh by on the left(all cars that pass me whoosh) Is there a way to reverse the image so that the mirror works like the rest of the cars?

dh