It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: [request] Project Cars
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:42 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Hi Dave,

I was wondering if you could add support for Project Cars in the future? Sorry if this has been asked / answer before, I had a look in the forum and could not see any mention of it so thought i'd ask.

Cheers,

DrDoomsLab.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:38 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Yes, but I see a release date that has been put back months, so it make take a while yet...

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:50 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Actually, pcars can be handled with the nfs shift import. Not perfect method, but working :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:59 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

That's very interesting, thanks!.

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:11 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

PetraGTC wrote:
Actually, pcars can be handled with the nfs shift import. Not perfect method, but working :)

Hi there,

I've been trying to unpack the .bff files from pcars and have not had any luck. I've found updated scrips for SMS/WMD's games including pcars but i just cant get it to work. It keeps saying

"error: the specified offset can't be reached"
or
"error: invalid command "reverseshort" or arguments 1 at line 177"

I've tryed to see how quickbms works but its a bit much to take in for me to make my own script. I've no idear how to list files in the bff files. Does anyone have any tips/clues what to do? Please help.

Cheers,

DrDoomsLab

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:51 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Download QuickBMS here http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm and the nfs/pcars script http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/nfsshift.bms. Start quickbms, load the script, choose vehicle, unpack. simple :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:38 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

PetraGTC wrote:
Download QuickBMS here http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm and the nfs/pcars script http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/nfsshift.bms. Start quickbms, load the script, choose vehicle, unpack. simple :)

Thanks for the info but thats almost the same as i've been doing. I've been trying to unpack the track files. I'll give it a go on some cars and if it works i'll let you guys know.
Cheers,

DrDoomsLab.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:36 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Hi Guys,

Ok so i figured out the problems i was having. I was not extracting the files from the pcars DIR. I copyed the files out and that coursed quickBMS not to work right. So now i've got the problem of i can't get any of the files to show in 3DsimEd. The DDS files work and i have a bunch of MEB, BMT, BML, VHF, XML, BAS and BAB files but non of them seem to work with 3dsimed. When imported there is nothing showen.

This is with cars and tracks. What am i doing wrong? Please help.

Cheers,

DrDoomsLab.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:01 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Extensions such as MEB and VHF are the same as NFS Shift, so if they are not importing I presume the formats have been updated and so 3DSimED cannot read them.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:47 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Dave are the Project cars features you are creating for simed going to include aids for importing tracks from that game as well? Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:11 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Yep, the .vhf extension of pcars is not the same as it was in nfs shift. But the "import as objects", "nfs shift objects/vehicles", select one/all .meb files works fine. Although it is not assigning automatically the textures, which i think was the work of that .vhf file.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:39 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

PetraGTC wrote:
Yep, the .vhf extension of pcars is not the same as it was in nfs shift. But the "import as objects", "nfs shift objects/vehicles", select one/all .meb files works fine. Although it is not assigning automatically the textures, which i think was the work of that .vhf file.

Cool. Thanks for this info. Seems to work for cars. I wonder if i can do it for tracks too. hmm. I look forward to updates but this seems to work well so far.

Cheers,

DrDoomsLab.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:31 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Hi,

Just wondering if there was any more news on PCars import for tracks and cars?

Cheers,

DrDoomsLab.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:38 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

The big problem for 3DSimED concerns the naming of objects and textures. When the files in an .BFF archive are extracted they are given names which simply appear to be an 8 digit hex number followed by the extension. Hence, the objects listed in the .vhf cannot be found, and it's the same with the textures referenced by the .bmt they are all 'missing'. As it stands the files need to be manually renamed to edit them, to make progress we need a .BFF extraction tool which gives the correct names.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:06 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

Is a better extraction tool possible for PCars? .......... which does not lose the material reference to a texture, and the texture names.
If not we will never be able to work on tracks or complicated car files.