It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 3DSimED 3.0w
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:35 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

3DSimED 3.0w is released.
The recent enhancements to the Assetto Corsa and FBX plugins are included in this version. If you missed those changes it is now much easier to edit Assetto Corsa tracks and cars and to also export FBX models to the KsEditor.
What is new to this version is an Export Plugin to allow the Assetto Corsa car LOD models to be exported.

There are also new functions to reverse, or double side, the faces in objects, and set the vertex alpha and/or RGB for a group of selected vertices.
A new Shader Filter makes it easier to see which shaders are used in a model and to refine selection.
The Shader can now be set for multiple materials which combined with the Shader Filter allows replacing of shaders throughout a model.

For more information and to download 3.0w go to http://www.sim-garage.co.uk.

Cheers

Dave N.

Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.0w
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:07 am 
Crew Chief
Crew Chief

many thanks dave for another upgrade, i look forward to these, its like xmas again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:12 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Hi Dave, I have always a double error every time I open a vehicle as well as a scn file.

In case of vehicle, after "impossible to find modMgr.exe" the next error is "could not unpack cmaps.mas". In case of track obviously the second error is "... commonmaps.mas"

Then 3DSimEd goes ahead and show the vehicle and the track. Please Dave, remember my OS is 8.1 Italian

Many thanks in advance,
M

Edit: in case of GMT, no error at all

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:27 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Sorry about the silly mistake, and thanks for pointing it out - I've now uploaded a corrected .zip to the download page.

Cheers

Dave N.

marcobost wrote:
Hi Dave, I have always a double error every time I open a vehicle as well as a scn file.

In case of vehicle, after "impossible to find modMgr.exe" the next error is "could not unpack cmaps.mas". In case of track obviously the second error is "... commonmaps.mas"

Then 3DSimEd goes ahead and show the vehicle and the track. Please Dave, remember my OS is 8.1 Italian

Many thanks in advance,
M

Edit: in case of GMT, no error at all

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:59 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

That's perfect Dave, thank you very much: great enhancements!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:12 pm 
Driver
Driver

Dave Noonan wrote:
There are also new functions to reverse, or double side, the faces in objects, and set the vertex alpha and/or RGB for a group of selected vertices.

Great news! :thumbsup:

edit: Also thanks for the quick reactivation response. New PC!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:32 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

This version is exactly what I was looking for. :cheers:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:49 am 
Driver
Driver

Cool! Since my HD failure and I can't recall which email I signed up with, I'm glad to have a demo to work from for the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I will get the job I interviewed at today and be able to buy the new version!! Until then, I will ask a couple of questions concerning the reversing...

I have grand stands at Darlington_60s that I also put into Daytona, but I needed to rotate them. I got into the demo and rotated the stands 149 degrees so they could be placed into an existing track without changing anything, just renaming them to an object already there.

When I got to the track, they were see through from the one side I needed them to visible and visible from the back. The original 3do works fine (just -149 degrees off) but the one I rotated has this issue.. Also, the roof top was showing as the bottom and the bottom as the top. I got back in and used the 'reverse' button and it make the invisible part visible but the once visible parts were invisible. So I selected the part that was invisible only using the material edit section and used the reverse button but it didn't work.

Questions -
1. How did rotating the object result in it becoming invisible when the original is not (is that a bug?)
2. Is there a way to reverse just 1 texture but let the other stay?
3. Is it the actual 3do faces that I need to select and not the texture to use the reverse feature?
4. Would anybody be interested in making the 'chicken coop' press boxes from Darlington 1960's?! :-)

Thank you again for all the tools Dave Noonan!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:53 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Rotating an object could cause front-facing geometry to be turned away from the camera in which case it would go invisible.

I would recalculate the normal for the geometry using Edit->Normals->Facet and then, if you want you can smooth the normals later.

Are you using the Display->Culling->Back Face to check how the data will look in game?.

Edit->All Visible->Objects->Split Objects By Material will split the object so that you can apply the reversing to just some materials.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:25 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Hi Dave!!!

Can you confirm me smoothing normals is working now? I find a wrong normal smooth when, for example, the material has "Bump specular map T1" shader on tread tire surface of my wheel object. The problem seem be due to Specular Color that show me specular map but without smooth normals.

I attempted Edit/AutoSmooth but the result is the same, wrong smoothing.

Also, I tried with 3DSimEd 2 and the result is right. I don't know why.

I have enclosed the material catalogue and gmt to check.

Please!, let me know what is the problem.

Thanks so much.

Attachments:
Captura_498.jpg
Captura_498.jpg [ 76.19 KiB | Viewed 3456 times ]
Wheel.rar [183.67 KiB]
Downloaded 164 times

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:40 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I'm fairly sure the problem is the 3DSimeD3 shader rendering and that the normals are correct, I would think these wheels would look fine ingame. (They look different in 3DSimED V2 because the shader was close to being a simple diffuse pass).

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:32 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hello guys,

I have a strange problem, but I think it's simple to solve. When I import GMT files, objects are not born with a "tree" hierarchy (the famous instances), everything is loaded into a single object ... a few days ago it did not happen. Is there any place where I can enable it again? Because it existed, even I have files in .3ds and .fbx who came from GMT files that have this tree (instances) of objects which I refer, maybe I did something wrong...

Thanks for advance!

Edit: :doh:

I think to fix the problem! I'm working with Assetto Corsa ... Maybe by making a time that I did not work, the problem appeared. I solved exporting the files direct to .kn5 and then to .fbx, so the tree is there. The good thing is that if anyone has any doubt about it, this is a way. Anyway, thank a lot!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:58 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Dave Noonan wrote:
I'm fairly sure the problem is the 3DSimeD3 shader rendering and that the normals are correct, I would think these wheels would look fine ingame. (They look different in 3DSimED V2 because the shader was close to being a simple diffuse pass).

Cheers

Dave N.

Hi Dave:

Answering you.... in game... wheels look same way as in 3DsimEd3. I don't understand where is the problem!

Any idea ... please, let me know about.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:09 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Which game(s) does it look bad in?.

Was the attachment the original or after it was smoothed by 3DSimED3?.

When I use 3DSimED v2 to smooth and then view the result in v3 it looks the same.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:34 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Goibaka wrote:
Dave Noonan wrote:

Cheers

Dave N.

Hi Dave:

Answering you.... in game... wheels look same way as in 3DsimEd3. I don't understand where is the problem!

Any idea ... please, let me know about.

Sorry Dave!!

Rfactor Game (rF1, no tested in rF2)

You can smoothing normals in 3dsimed but in game the normals will even be ugly such as the above picture I uploaded.

Thanks