It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:40 am 
Jackman
Jackman

For a few years i use 3dsimed to merge tracks and export the tracks into rFactor.

Now i am working on a project for GTR2. And i have prepared this track in Bobs Track Builder, exported it to GTR2 and now i want to merge the loose track parts like the pit lane to the main track. When doing it for rFactor it is very easy. Importing all gmt-files i need, change them and save them back into rFactor.

But in GTR2 i am confronted with more than just gmt files. When i save a gmt file it replaces the original gmt file, but there is a compressed version too.

My questions are:

1. Is the way of merging tracks that much different than in rFactor?
2. Is it possible to merge tracks in GTR2?
3. Can it be done in 3dsimed?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:55 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

To be honest I am very confused by what you have said because I see rFactor and GTR2 as being very similar but with different .GMT formats perhaps you are seeing an rFactor .GMT and a GTR2 .GMT - I don't really know.

As far as I am concerned anything you do to an rFactor track can be replicated in a GTR2 track.

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:58 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

It seems that you have to export every gmt you want to change, to a separate folder. Including the textures.

When you have done your changes export/save model data to a folder somewhere and export textures as well. This saving as a model allows the split mesh to become a whole object. So then Import As Object the junction and you will find, when selected, it is now an object. Now as an Object you can add it to the track.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:15 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

To merge some objects use Edit->Purge and Explode-> Explode All. You can then Save with Export->GTR2->Save Model Data.

The procedure for rFactor & GTR2 should be identical except the final format the data is exported to. Also, once you have finished editing in one format it should be possible to Import and save to the other format.

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:02 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Thanks, i will try that! :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:51 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

I did not got it working.

But i tried something different after advice from Richard Eburah.

After finishing merging the tracks, i save the gmt file as an object in a separate folder. After that i include its textures by "export textures".
Then i import it as an object. "Import Object". I delete the gmt parts i don't need anymore and click on the gmt i want to replace. Then i do "replace object " and save the scn file.