It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:36 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi I have just started using 3dse and have a few questions. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction

1. After exporting a car as a dae and editing it in blender I re imported it to 3dse but all the textures are strange, they have the same name but have -texture on the end with no texture map data. I have to load the textures in and one by one edit replace them with the correct texture map. Is there an easy way to edit multiple or even another way altogether as it takes a while?

2. This may not be the right place to ask this one but how do you affect the wheels in game, as in making them bigger or wider. I can change the object but have no idea what to do after that.

Any help would be great thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:53 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Hi Mikey,

Welcome to 3dsimed.

1. When exporting a car i usually export the textures and let 3dsimed (it asks you) change the texture path to where you just exported them to. I also usually export using FBX (6.0 binary) and letting 3dsimed create INI for Assetto Corsa KsEditor. But thats because i work a lot with Assetto Corsa. Not shore on the texture issue as i don't export using DAE anymore. I found it took a long time to export and import and would not keep everything together correctly.

2. You are going to have to be more specific as you have not mention what game you are working with. Every game is different and needs different things done.

Speaking from AC end of modding, You will need to learn how to decrypt the DATA.ACD file as it has the physics files in it. You can change the physical size of the wheel models, and you can change the physics files (tyres.ini inside the .ACD) but i found you can't change the wheel sizes. They seem to be linked to the Dummy objects and if you scale them it makes no difference, and if you scale the wheels it takes no notice. And if you remake the dummys it brakes the whole car. I have not been able to find a way to do this correctly yet.

Also in AC the car will look different ingame compared to the 360 view because of the physics. The 360 view is only of the model without any physics.

On thing to look out for is it seems 3dsimed likes to export models in the cm scale (using FBX), but AC wants everything to be exported in meters.

Cheers,
DrDoomsLab.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:21 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hey thanks for the help,
I tried your method and it works for the most part. The only problem I encounter is when I have exported the car to blender to edit the model first as when I import it back to 3dse the textures are still not linking to their paths. I can import materials and it will give me the correct paths but I have to replace each texture with the imported one.
Do you know of any other way to export to blender that works?
As for the wheel problem it was in AC and I figured as much after messing around some more. Got it mostly sorted by adjusting the track and camber of the car.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:35 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Hi,

Sorry i dont use blender so i can't really recommend what to do there. But i can tall you what i do in 3dsmax. What i usually do is i export from my 3d program to fbx and then i use KSeditor and load the INI that was made on the export from 3dsimed. The INI needs to be named the same as the FBX (carname.fbx.ini). I then use KSEditor to check and edit any materials and i can see what its going to look like before exporting again from KSEditor to AC. If you do use KSEditor you need to make a DIR where the fbx is called "texture" and then KSEditor can load in the textures. I've never really used 3dsimed to export to KN5 as i've always had issues.

One thing to look out for in KSEditor is it loads up in black n white filter mode and also fog for weather.

Cheers,
DrDoomsLab