It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: rFactor2 DX11
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:11 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Hello Dave,
what about the support to the DX11 and the incoming new rFactor2 (with perhaps, new shaders). Currently 3DSimEd doesn't show objects like rFactor2 DX11. Have you planned to update it?
Thank you.

Post subject: Re: rFactor2 DX11
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:56 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

This will be a big jump so will take some thinking over so it's difficult to say right now when that support will arrive.

For instance, we do not know how open the new software will be. If everything is encrypted or only supplied in binary form it could be very difficult to implement the same shaders in 3DSimED, and without the shaders there's little point jumping up to DX11.

On a happier note you should have a look at the newly released 3.1h which improves the situation with AMD cards, (which seems to have been caused by some changes in the AMD drivers around November 2016 and has been present every since). BTW, if you still encounter corruption just turn on Software Mouse XYZ in Display->DirectX->Options.

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:00 am 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

I'd have to assume they'll update their gJED editor. Whether you can extract the new shaders from that or not.

You would think they'd be open to supplying the needed components with you for 3DSimED. Worth a pm to ask for them. It's a far better and popular program over their own gJED one. Personally I hated it before I got SimED. Now! well, you can take a guess.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:13 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

As Doug said, please Dave make an extra effort to update 3DSimEd at least asap to the new shaders!

Now the beta is public and the new shaders contained into the coreshader.mas are usable.

In particular, the most important is called DashboardElementShader by S397 and should be "PS30_DASHBOARD.PSH"

Thank you very much Dave

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:24 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Come on Dave - give it bit of an extra burst... We need DashElementShader to be supported asap... I just tried to fix some overly bloomy LED's in a cockpit... The only fix I have right now is using plain T1... Which is dull in the night-time. The LED's were using the HighLumSun shader in DX9 which only only result in crazy bloom during night time so it isn't an option.

I just tried to set the new shader up in gjed and it just doesn't cut it. I'm either too dumb to use it or something - or it's far from as intuitive as 3DSimEd (I'd say it's the latter of the two)
In gjed settings doesn't stick... Setting up transient animations? I can't do it... Frames, Seq..? Gawd. Gjed crashes like there's no tomorrow. And when I succeed in finally exporting a gmt... It makes the game crash. GG No explanation or anything just "close program". Put in a backed up GMT and it's all good again.

Dave I beg of you... Work hard on this support. rF2 modding is starting to blossom finally and we need a go-to tool and you have it (it is NOT Gjed).

EDIT: and if you want to make it a v3.5 and charge a tenner or something, do so xD

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:03 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

There will be an update, very soon, which will include support for the new rF2 shaders. However, you won't be seeing them in DX11 glory just the DX9 equivalents which at least means you can use the shaders in your models.

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Sounds fantastic, Dave! MVP :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:57 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

Dave Noonan wrote:
There will be an update, very soon, which will include support for the new rF2 shaders. However, you won't be seeing them in DX11 glory just the DX9 equivalents which at least means you can use the shaders in your models.

Cheers!

Dave N.

Hi all.
I just updated to V3.1.1.9. This has as stated support for the new rF2 DX11 shaders.
The shader names are the same as they where in the DX9 so is all the shaders I want to assign now DX11 for rF2 now?
So if I just go through the models GMT and save (Export) they will now have DX11 capable shaders?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:51 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Yes, my understanding is that everything will work because the shader names have not changed.

Cheers

Dave N.