It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1i
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:03 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Minime89 wrote:
I was kindly sent them. They was obtained using the Modelbin Textures Collector.

I see. Well, I'm sure Dave can figure it out. Also, I don't see the point of the collector tool if it never gets a release :hmmm:

@Dave: Here is an example of materialbin called "leather_textured_003". 3dsimed can already read this and assign rgb value, however the corresponding texture called "org_grain_008_nrml" is not imported by 3dsimed, although its clearly mentioned in the .materialbin:

Pointing 3dsimed to the corresponding swatchbin, it can read the file aswell:

So, I guess that is what mysterious texture collector tool does aswell, just reading materials for mentions of .swatchbins.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:40 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

a1587186 wrote:
I see. Well, I'm sure Dave can figure it out. Also, I don't see the point of the collector tool if it never gets a release :hmmm:

The point of the tool was to show that it is possible to get the textures for each material.
As zwrtron mentioned the goal is to generate .mtl for each material, so as this has not been achieved yet there is no release.

You have to remember that people do this in there spare time, and life does get in the way.

Sorry for the off topic.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:58 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

@ Dave Noonan

Included in the Wheel *.modelbin files are the "blur" models, such as "BlurLip_Lod0", "BlurRim_Lod0". Any possibility of importing those models in the future?

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:19 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

You can simply browse to the swatchbins for the normal and gloss textures with the Tools->Texture Browser. The reason they are not imported is that they would require shaders that match those in the Forza games which are DX12 and so it's unlikely it's going to happen. If you want those textures just browse for them...

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:36 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

@Dave can you maybe make a script for the fh3 version without the strange file names? i used the script for Apex and it seems to work, but maybe some textures are missing?

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:10 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi guys, i have another question for you: what should i do to export a car model with all textures? I have already learnt how to export car like on the photo, but i want to have a car with the best texture quality.
P.S
I have a forza horizon 3 on my pc
cheers

Attachments:
Снимок экрана (103).png
Снимок экрана (103).png [ 242.35 KiB | Viewed 490 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:37 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

vic_bogomolsky wrote:
Hi guys, i have another question for you: what should i do to export a car model with all textures? I have already learnt how to export car like on the photo, but i want to have a car with the best texture quality.
P.S
cheers

http://sim-garage.co.uk/software-releas ... ar-models/

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:26 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Gta5KoRn wrote:
vic_bogomolsky wrote:
P.S
cheers

http://sim-garage.co.uk/software-releas ... ar-models/

I know about this post, but I still have some problems with preparing for import. I can't figure out what to do with unzipcars.dat: file has a correct path to game folder, I opened that file for many times, but there is no result. Could someone help me with that?
Cheers

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:28 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Minime89 wrote:
The point of the tool was to show that it is possible to get the textures for each material.
As zwrtron mentioned the goal is to generate .mtl for each material, so as this has not been achieved yet there is no release.

You have to remember that people do this in there spare time, and life does get in the way.

Sorry for the off topic.

I understand. It's just too bad that he doesn't make the texture collector available for everyone, clearly it already works collecting the textures, so it just seems like the tool is being kept private. Surely speaking for many people when I say we all just wished we could also get all the textures.

Dave Noonan wrote:
You can simply browse to the swatchbins for the normal and gloss textures with the Tools->Texture Browser. The reason they are not imported is that they would require shaders that match those in the Forza games which are DX12 and so it's unlikely it's going to happen. If you want those textures just browse for them...

Cheers

Dave N.

We can browse them if we knew exactly which are needed. At over 200 swatchbins per model, it would be an incredibly tedious task to figure out which are needed and then browsing each of them manually. Maybe 3dsimed could at least dump the textures through the export texture function even if they aren't rendered inside 3dsimed ...

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:15 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

Hi all.
I'm having trouble importing 3DMax file into 3DSimEd. It's showing up under "All files". From what I've read it should open as a 3ds file. I've tried saving the file from Max as .chr but didn't work either.
Do I need to convert it? What program do I need to do it? Or why want 3Dmax file open?

Never mind. [SOLVED]

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:47 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I don't think there are anything like 200 textures per model in the Forza games.

3DSimED is generating the RGBA textures to ensure each material has a diffuse texture because most games are based on DX9 and have shaders expecting diffuse textures.

I do know where you are coming from because at first I was very confused as to why I could not find textures for all the paint work, chrome, grills etc.

The Forza games appear to be using procedural shaders which model materials without texture maps it's just a very different way of doing things. Many of the textures are simply masks or used for special effects.

You can easily copy all the textures, they always have the swatchbin extension, and then you could convert them to .dds or whatever but I think it won't be anything like as useful as you are hoping.

Cheers

Dave N.

a1587186 wrote:
Minime89 wrote:

Sorry for the off topic.

I understand. It's just too bad that he doesn't make the texture collector available for everyone, clearly it already works collecting the textures, so it just seems like the tool is being kept private. Surely speaking for many people when I say we all just wished we could also get all the textures.

Dave Noonan wrote:

Cheers

Dave N.

We can browse them if we knew exactly which are needed. At over 200 swatchbins per model, it would be an incredibly tedious task to figure out which are needed and then browsing each of them manually. Maybe 3dsimed could at least dump the textures through the export texture function even if they aren't rendered inside 3dsimed ...

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:41 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Guys, i still have a problem with preparing for import :tantrum: :tantrum: . I downloaded RecurseFH3ZIP and 7Z, i changed the correct game path in RecurseFH3Zip.ps1 and unzipfh3.bat, but there's no result. Could someone help me with that?
Attachment:
Снимок экрана (107).png
Снимок экрана (107).png [ 1.34 MiB | Viewed 402 times ]

Attachment:
Снимок экрана (108).png
Снимок экрана (108).png [ 266.64 KiB | Viewed 402 times ]
Attachment:
Снимок экрана (108).png
Снимок экрана (108).png [ 266.64 KiB | Viewed 402 times ]

Attachment:
File comment: Error translate:''C:7Z''
Is not an internal or external command, an executable program, or a batch file

Снимок экрана (105).png
Снимок экрана (105).png [ 1.5 MiB | Viewed 402 times ]

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:12 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

many thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:01 am 
Jackman
Jackman

@Dave Noonan, just to clarify the forza models could well use up to 200 textures. For example i had to get the textures for the lights as your tool didn't detect them.
The directories for the swatchbins are found in the materialbin within the modelbin. Correct me if i'm wrong but 3DSimED just seems to collect the swatchbins mentioned in the modelbin.
As i stated previously this picture shows all the textures used by just the Range Rover SVR. As you can see there is stitching, carbon, defrostlins, interior plastic etc that your tool simply misses.
To me it's not a big deal that your tool doesn't apply this textures it just would be nice if it could collect all textures mentioned not just in the modelbin but the materialbin too.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:25 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi can someone check the Talbot sunbeam carbin from FH3 TAL_sunbeamlotus_79.carbin.
I have all game files and textures and other models load fine.
When I import it in it doesn't load in viewport but there is model information in the reports.

Any ideas??

Great job with forza importing by the way Dave.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next