It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1i
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:45 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:
Is it Apex you can't work with or FH3?.

With Apex I'm sure my instructions will work but you might be having problems because of file permissions. For FH3 you need the decrypted game files first and then use my scripts (which do not need quickbms)

Cheers

Dave N.

ozmods wrote:
i gave up on this because dave refuses to accept there is a problem with the unzip side of it, i've done everything that was on the forza page, i've tried it on 2 computers and i'm still getting the same result, it's not a recognized batchfile or whatever, and if i have quickbms in the same folder, it comes up with a message that there is no such file or directory..

if anyone can tell me how to get around this, i would be most greatful

and dave i mean no offense cobber, it's just not working and i'm not a programmer, so i cant fix it.

it's the forza apex that isnt working i'm not throwing money at fh3 as yet, i want to see if i can this one to work first, besides apex tells me pc isnt fast enough to run it, even on low settings so i dont know i'f i'll buy it. i tried copying the apex folder into the c drive away from the "windowsapps" folder but still the recursive bit doesnt work, i even tried it on windows 8.1 it didnt work, i tried doing it through a command prompt, same result. it just is not working and i dont know why.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 1:50 am 
Jackman
Jackman

This version is quite good. But i'm sure i'm really tiring ahah but I have some questions about, again, AMS export.

Each time we open a gmt like steering wheel or helmet, the pivot point is set to 0,0,0, and when we save it's the same sometimes, I remember in the old V1 and V2, the pivot point was fixed when we saved, opened the 3d. So why this function is gone?

And second, do certain materials settings forbid to make the AMs encryption working? I have used some material usable for AMS and the gmt is not encrypted, but another 3d in the same folder, with the same textures, the encrption work...

I don't uderstand^^

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:38 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

When you save a single object the pivot point will be saved, when you are saving a scene the pivot points are saved for each object tagged as "Moveable".

I thought the encryption worked no matter what the materials in the objects are.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:34 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

How have you managed the correct positioning of the meshes ? Because it doesn't seem like it would use the skeleton file

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:59 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

What's wrong with the positioning?, which model?, which sim?, and why do I have to use the skeleton?.

Cheers

Dave N.

Tomatosauce288 wrote:
How have you managed the correct positioning of the meshes ? Because it doesn't seem like it would use the skeleton file

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:12 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:
What's wrong with the positioning?, which model?, which sim?, and why do I have to use the skeleton?.

Cheers

Dave N.

Tomatosauce288 wrote:

Everything is fine with the positioning. I'm just interested of how it's doing it because when i move a modelbin file to the desktop it still gets the positioning data from somewhere. Because the correct positions of the meshes are also stored in the skeleton file and since it still has these informations even when I move the modelbin file out of its actual folder, to my desktop for example, its still correct positioned.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:21 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Yes, those positions are also in the modelbin, not just the skeleton file, so that's what you are noticing. You could delete the skeleton file and it would make no difference to 3DSimED.

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:45 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:
Yes, those positions are also in the modelbin, not just the skeleton file, so that's what you are noticing. You could delete the skeleton file and it would make no difference to 3DSimED.

Cheers!

Dave N.

Ahhh ok. Didn't know that. Thank you very much :) :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:40 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi Dave! :)

Excellent progress with carbin reversing, congratulations! :thumbsup:

Some bugs (or misfeatures) i've encountered so far:
ControlArm (RF, RL, LF, LR) parts are imported centered, instead of aligned by pivot to same point as Rotor (RF, RL, LF, LR) parts.

Wheel parts for some cars loaded and aligned, but have zero size (maybe it's only for DLC or OpusDev version cars).

"Convert texture maps" (to PNG) outputs in BGR format for some reason.

After i export model to DAE into folder "Forza Horizon 3", all paths inside DAE have underscores, instead of spaces (Forza_Horizon_3), so, all textures are missed. I workaround this with renaming my output folder to "FH3", but that limitation is strange, because both DAE importers for 3dsmax (Autodesk and OpenCollada) have no problems with importing DAE with spaces in paths (replaced in Notepad++ for testing).

Tires of exported models changed their textures to plain colored for some reason:
Image Image

I have _nrml textures for plates in output folder after i do "Convert texture maps", but only _diff one is mapped after i import FBX or DAE into 3dsmax.

OpenCollada DAE importer for 3dsmax have troubles in reading texture paths with # symbol, so all those texture paths looks like "u:\FH3\Cars\HON_CivicTypeR_15\rgba" after import.

It's double bad, because after i do "Split Objects" and export to very large DAE or FBX, Audodesk importer (v2016.0 and 2013.3) crashes 3dsmax silently at the middle of importing process (both 3dsmax 2016 x64 and 2013 x64), OpenCollada survives.

And can you remove (for exported models) those ugly hashes from texture paths and names please? (by option, if you have plans to do exporter to forza formats)
It's can be easily detected by checking names for hyphens (_*-*-*-*.) then cut last 37 symbols of name.
There's very small amount of textures with same name, but different hash part, and possibility of some car is using both is close to zero.

PS: Unpacking of Textures_pri_44.zip to "Textures_pri_44" folder is wrong, because models have links only to "Textures" folder, and you need to unpack content of "_pri_44" files first, then overwrite it with "_pri_45" content, because some textures in "_pri_44" have broken headers, and "_pri_45" contains their fixed versions.

Great wishes!

Andrakann.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:26 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Hi Dave.

In the last two versions (3.1h and 3.1i) when I try to import a gmt object from any folder outside the scn path, the object is imported as always, but the textures are not visible, so placing many objects is sometimes difficult as you can't see the effect. Until 3.1g this was working very good.

Also from 3.1f the Edit-Rotate option has become a little crazy. In 3.1i it's OK again for positive values, but if you try to rotate more than -90º, the model will rotate in more than one axis.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:43 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Andrakann many thanks for the report on importing .carbin.

Sorry about the delay in replying but I have been on holiday.

1) Yes, the control arms need to be positioned correctly and I now think I have found the carbin variables which do this.
2) Yes, there is a bug for 'unknown' cars (which will include DLC) the wheels will be zero, I will correct this.
3) The PNG export mistakenly has reversed red/blue channels which will be fixed.
4) I will try to add an option to Collada export to give the choice for converting spaces to underscore.
5) In 3DSimED the tires use the specular map T1 shader but for Collada we can only take over the diffuse texture which is solid black.
6) The normal maps are imported but have no place in a Collada DAE until a way to export shaders to DAE is found (this is also why you have the tire issue above).
7) Thanks for finding out about the # symbol, I will try to remove it from the generated texture names.
8) I am sure the Tools->Split Objects, import 3DSMax, was working for me but I will have another look.
9) I share your dislike of the long names but those are the names on disk so we're stuck with them.
10) and thanks for knowledge about the _pri_44 and _pri_45 textures, I did not know about that.

Again a big thanks for writing down all these issues and the screenshots, hopefully I will be addressing most of your concerns in the next release.

Cheers!!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:55 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I can import .GMT with the textures (which must be in the same folder), so I am not sure what you are saying has changed.

With the Edit Rotate, I seem to be able to rotate more that -90 without problem.

Cheers

Dave N.

andreaglass wrote:
Hi Dave.

In the last two versions (3.1h and 3.1i) when I try to import a gmt object from any folder outside the scn path, the object is imported as always, but the textures are not visible, so placing many objects is sometimes difficult as you can't see the effect. Until 3.1g this was working very good.

Also from 3.1f the Edit-Rotate option has become a little crazy. In 3.1i it's OK again for positive values, but if you try to rotate more than -90º, the model will rotate in more than one axis.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:21 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:
Andrakann many thanks for the report on importing .carbin.

5) In 3DSimED the tires use the specular map T1 shader but for Collada we can only take over the diffuse texture which is solid black.
6) The normal maps are imported but have no place in a Collada DAE until a way to export shaders to DAE is found (this is also why you have the tire issue above).

9) I share your dislike of the long names but those are the names on disk so we're stuck with them.

You are welcome! :)

Export to FBX gives the same result with tire texture, only diffuse one is mapped.
And, from my point of view, there's no need to export shaders, only need to put textures from those shaders to right places (diff to diffuse channel, nrml to normal bump, opac to opacity, etc.) and for correct UV-channel.

I mean cleanup for export result, i.e. - after pressing "Convert texture maps" i got an option to cleanup hash-part from resulting names and model also starts using this new names.
This hashes is counter-modding feature, for preventing users from modifying textures, and if you plan to do exporter back to forza format, you have to decode their hashing algorythm or get rid of them completely, maybe by patching game exe.

After exporting for another games modding those hashes is useless and just produces barely readable garbage in naming.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:14 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave, how different are the carbin files between Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Apex / Horizon 3?

You think it would be possible to write a script for FM4 / support FM4 .carbin files?

I know I seem like an ungrateful prat... I can't see the wood for trees, I know :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:41 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

The point about the Export to FBX or Collada, or anything else, is that many of the Forza materials do not have a diffuse texture, just a color and that is what you are seeing with the tires. When imported it is the specular map that is showing the tire tread, not the diffuse, and to export the specular map would mean exporting the shader.

I see what you mean about the long texture names, yes, I can shorten them when converting to another format. BTW, those long 'hashes' are GUIDs, 32 hex digit strings, which are meant to be always unique.

Cheers!

Dave N.

Quote:
Export to FBX gives the same result with tire texture, only diffuse one is mapped.
And, from my point of view, there's no need to export shaders, only need to put textures from those shaders to right places (diff to diffuse channel, nrml to normal bump, opac to opacity, etc.) and for correct UV-channel.

I mean cleanup for export result, i.e. - after pressing "Convert texture maps" i got an option to cleanup hash-part from resulting names and model also starts using this new names.
This hashes is counter-modding feature, for preventing users from modifying textures, and if you plan to do exporter back to forza format, you have to decode their hashing algorythm or get rid of them completely, maybe by patching game exe.

After exporting for another games modding those hashes is useless and just produces barely readable garbage in naming

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next