It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1i
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:01 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I really do not know about FM4 at the moment but be patient...

Cheers

Dave N.

Bjørn wrote:
Dave, how different are the carbin files between Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Apex / Horizon 3?

You think it would be possible to write a script for FM4 / support FM4 .carbin files?

I know I seem like an ungrateful prat... I can't see the wood for trees, I know :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:20 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Will try to be :)

That would be a massive addition to your software... 700 brilliant models 'available' from Forza Motorsport 4...

Dave Noonan wrote:

Cheers

Dave N.

Bjørn wrote:
Dave, how different are the carbin files between Forza Motorsport 4 and Forza Apex / Horizon 3?

You think it would be possible to write a script for FM4 / support FM4 .carbin files?

I know I seem like an ungrateful prat... I can't see the wood for trees, I know :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:32 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Dave Noonan wrote:
The point about the Export to FBX or Collada, or anything else, is that many of the Forza materials do not have a diffuse texture, just a color and that is what you are seeing with the tires. When imported it is the specular map that is showing the tire tread, not the diffuse, and to export the specular map would mean exporting the shader.

3dsmax and other editors can handle color value for material without diffuse texture, so if we replace diffuse map with their color value, instead of this:
we got this:
Gloss map is also placed.
And, if we put all other available maps to their places, we can got this:
FBX can handle most of this maps, only height map have troubles, because of using a single channel from RGB texture (it's better to split to set of grayscale textures i think).
Test FBX (2009) with that tire is uploaded here.

But there's some troubles with height texture conversion - different results for the same source:
Intel ignores one channel completely.
Noesis have errors in output, but three channels.
You have three channels, but mixed differently.

Another problem is normal and height textures doesn't match with AO and Glossiness:
Image Image
Image Image
Looks like they must use another UV-channel with diagonally shifted mapping, but there's only one UV-channel is present.

Quote:
I see what you mean about the long texture names, yes, I can shorten them when converting to another format. BTW, those long 'hashes' are GUIDs, 32 hex digit strings, which are meant to be always unique.

Would be really good :)
GUID, hash, checksum - not much difference i think.
But game can calculate it for data part of swatchbin or for first mip-map and check for matching with control one, saved inside header:
I think this only purpose is for prevent modding.

Dave Noonan wrote:

Would be nice, because existing tool can use only one UV-channel from two available.
Source code for Forza Studio is available for download at author's page, can save some time i think.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:38 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Thanks for the FBX stuff, I will look at improving the handling of textures to improve the export to formats such as FBX.

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:12 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Dave Noonan wrote:
I can import .GMT with the textures (which must be in the same folder), so I am not sure what you are saying has changed.

See how I can import an object (gmt) from a folder containing its textures using 3.1g as expected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy5r5vF2qAg

And now see the same but using 3.1 i (same folder, same object, and same target):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuz7zzPTN4Y

Dave Noonan wrote:
With the Edit Rotate, I seem to be able to rotate more that -90 without problem.

See what happen when I try to Edit Rotate -120º in 3.1 i, having the model bottom centered and the center to 0,0,0 coordinates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0IpOPlJeYY

This is even worst in 3.1 g as you can have wrong results even with some positive angles (over 180º), but in 3.1 c there's no problem to rotate at any angle.

Believe me; I've been using 3dsimed for years every day; I have a wide collection of objects to use in tracks and I've import them several hundreds times, and in the last versions I've realized those little changes, and they revert if I change to an older version.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:02 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Thanks for the reports and videos.

It's Add Object that has the problem, not import but I agree it needs fixing. The rotation bug is strange, once triggered it seems to also happen back to 3.1g and earlier. For now please just use a positive angle.

Cheers!

Dave N.

andreaglass wrote:
Dave Noonan wrote:
I can import .GMT with the textures (which must be in the same folder), so I am not sure what you are saying has changed.

See how I can import an object (gmt) from a folder containing its textures using 3.1g as expected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy5r5vF2qAg

And now see the same but using 3.1 i (same folder, same object, and same target):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuz7zzPTN4Y

Dave Noonan wrote:
With the Edit Rotate, I seem to be able to rotate more that -90 without problem.

See what happen when I try to Edit Rotate -120º in 3.1 i, having the model bottom centered and the center to 0,0,0 coordinates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0IpOPlJeYY

This is even worst in 3.1 g as you can have wrong results even with some positive angles (over 180º), but in 3.1 c there's no problem to rotate at any angle.

Believe me; I've been using 3dsimed for years every day; I have a wide collection of objects to use in tracks and I've import them several hundreds times, and in the last versions I've realized those little changes, and they revert if I change to an older version.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:57 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

great work Dave,

your tool is very helpful.

thanks a lot.

:cooler:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:39 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Dave Noonan wrote:
Thanks for the reports and videos.

It's Add Object that has the problem, not import but I agree it needs fixing. The rotation bug is strange, once triggered it seems to also happen back to 3.1g and earlier. For now please just use a positive angle.

Cheers!

Dave N.

Thanks, Dave.

I wrote that first message really quick and I wrte Import instead of Add, but now you can see where the problems are.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:35 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

since I prefer manually extracting individual archives, is there a specific file structure I need to be able to import Apex/Horizon 3 .carbins all into one scene? what I currently get is an entirely empty one, while I can import all the individual .modelbins into their own scenes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:34 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

I haven't done anything with Apex so not sure if this will work BUT..... Make sure your car folder name is the same as the .carbin file.

cynaraos wrote:
since I prefer manually extracting individual archives, is there a specific file structure I need to be able to import Apex/Horizon 3 .carbins all into one scene? what I currently get is an entirely empty one, while I can import all the individual .modelbins into their own scenes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:25 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Nibiru wrote:
I haven't done anything with Apex so not sure if this will work BUT..... Make sure your car folder name is the same as the .carbin file.

cynaraos wrote:

like this?

it doesn't seem to work.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:21 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

cynaraos wrote:
like this?

No.
You need to match game folder structure and have both _library folders extracted, like this:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:23 am 
Jackman
Jackman

thank you that worked
it just seemed like an unnecessary requirement since the basic meshes for cars are already in their respective folders regardless of what kind folder structure the car folders are in

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:14 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

@Dave Noonan Found a bug. When i import the roof of the che_corvettez06_15 model. It just imports a part of the livery but not the roof. This happens with the fh3 model aswell as the apex one. https://puu.sh/wyshN/16b086b7c7.png

This only happens with lod level 0 or slod. All other lods are working just fine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:22 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Thanks for the report I will be looking at this.

Cheers!

Dave Noonan

Tomatosauce288 wrote:
@Dave Noonan Found a bug. When i import the roof of the che_corvettez06_15 model. It just imports a part of the livery but not the roof. This happens with the fh3 model aswell as the apex one. https://puu.sh/wyshN/16b086b7c7.png

This only happens with lod level 0 or slod. All other lods are working just fine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next