It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1i
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:34 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Dave Noonan wrote:
Thanks for the report I will be looking at this.

Cheers!

Dave Noonan

Tomatosauce288 wrote:
@Dave Noonan Found a bug. When i import the roof of the che_corvettez06_15 model. It just imports a part of the livery but not the roof. This happens with the fh3 model aswell as the apex one. https://puu.sh/wyshN/16b086b7c7.png

This only happens with lod level 0 or slod. All other lods are working just fine

Thx man :) :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:32 am 
Jackman
Jackman

small bug report - on model MER_AMGGTR_17.carbin mercedes star on front bumper is missing on all lods

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:13 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

a1587186 wrote:
small bug report - on model MER_AMGGTR_17.carbin mercedes star on front bumper is missing on all lods

Yup. Can just agree with that. The badge at the front is missing too: https://puu.sh/wBhpj/eb7ca04eea.png

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:23 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Thanks for the report - will be fixed for the next release.

Cheers!

Dave N.

a1587186 wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:25 am 
Jackman
Jackman

LEX_RCF_15.carbin
missing stitch

Attachments:
170706.png
170706.png [ 90.16 KiB | Viewed 242 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:24 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Fixed in next release.

Cheers

Dave N.

Kirsi wrote:
LEX_RCF_15.carbin
missing stitch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:39 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Dave Noonan wrote:
Fixed in next release.

Cheers

Dave N.

Kirsi wrote:
LEX_RCF_15.carbin
missing stitch

Have you already checked the missing roof thing on the corvette ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:14 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Will there be a import option for Dirt 4 in the next update?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:53 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

No, not the next release but it's possible before the end of the year.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:29 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

The FH3 support is awesome, thank-you Dave! I've been playing with it a lot. I have some minor bug reports that I'll post later, but the one request I would have for the FH3 models is to break out the steering wheel and individual gauge needles into sub-meshes.

Interestingly FH3 seems to handle these and other moving bits (doors, wipers, etc.) via the skeleton with animations defined for each (I don't need/want those, it's just the first time I've seen a skeletal animation rig applied to a vehicle)

Thanks,
- Ben

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:50 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Possible FH3 import bug on '53 Maserati A6GCS:
- Front wire wheels have an extra disc of some kind (possibly blur) that is fused with the wire wheel, blocking the view through the spokes
- Front brake drum outer surface has chrome material assigned when it should be the same material as the rear drums (metal_rough_#010101). Since there are no vent holes and the size and shape are different than expected, it may even be the wrong part entirely. In the screenshot, I moved the front wheel out so you can see the front drum better.

Thanks,
- Ben

Attachments:
MasA6FrontWheelIssue.png
MasA6FrontWheelIssue.png [ 513.23 KiB | Viewed 116 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:04 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Possible FH3 material-assignment bug on '53 Maserati A6GCS:
- Heatsink on kickpanel is assigned material screw_044_#010202FF
- Heatsink UVs appear to want an opaque, finely-tiled texture (see rendered screenshot, tiled @ 8x) instead of a 1:1 transparent
- Heatsink shares this material with the screws that do require a 1:1 transparent mapping, which has two implications -
a. It makes it impossible to separate the heatsink from the screws and give them both a material/texture mapping that works for each
b. It leads me to believe this is perhaps the wrong material assignment rather than FH3 using the screw texture in some novel way (i.e. custom shader)

Thanks,
- Ben

Attachments:
MasA6GHeatsink.png
MasA6GHeatsink.png [ 30.38 KiB | Viewed 114 times ]
MasA6HeatsinkRendered.png
MasA6HeatsinkRendered.png [ 686.82 KiB | Viewed 114 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:24 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Another potentially more serious issue relates to material names changing and/or losing information when exporting various ways...

- Maserati A6 when entire imported FH3 model is exported to FBX via plugin, the color swatch portion of the material name for many materials changes to #FFFFFFFF or #00000000 and the original color is lost. This does not happen if you do an old-school export to GMT, so the issue is either the FBX export or plugin exports in general but I haven't tried any other plugin exports. See attached (ignore the uppercase and loss of "#", that's a result of ZModeler)

- (no picture) The '53 Fiat 8V Supersonic model when exported to FBX using plugin has a different but possibly related material naming problem. It's material names consist of only the color swatch/texture name portion by itself (e.g. "rgba#8a8b8eff" or "bmw_stitch_001_diff_cd6276c9-fdb1-4dfc-a148-1389bceadb3a") instead of the the usual [material name]_[color swatch/texture name] combination we usually see. Also curious is that when texture names do appear, they are the long "hashed" Forza filename version instead of the shortened names we usually get. [edit: Oops, ignore the bit about shortened filenames, I was doing this myself. Also I forgot to mention that so far the Fiat 8V is the only car that has experienced this particular issue]

- (no picture) If you isolate any FH3 part to a new window and then export that to FBX, you also get just the color swatch portion of the material name. This issue does not come up if you export the isolated part to GMT for example.

Thanks,
- Ben

Attachments:
MaterialNamesExportedUsingFBXExporterPlugin.png
MaterialNamesExportedUsingFBXExporterPlugin.png [ 11.67 KiB | Viewed 111 times ]
CorrectMaterialNamesExportedAsGMT.png
CorrectMaterialNamesExportedAsGMT.png [ 13.7 KiB | Viewed 111 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:59 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Possible Texture Browser bug:

I haven't nailed down the exact number yet, but if you do a batch conversion and you select more than around 250 (probably 256) textures, it will ignore/not process any textures beyond that number - Almost as if there is a fixed-size buffer or 8-bit unsigned integer counter variable lurking somewhere.

Also it would be nice if the output folder defaulted to the input folder, or at least remembered the last output folder selected. But I'm nitpicking - it's by far the best texture converter for FH3 work IMO.

Thanks,
- Ben

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:31 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Last one for a while, I promise. Forgive me if this is modeling ignorance speaking, but I'm curious so here goes:

I'm not sure if FH3 is doing something especially strange for steering wheels in particular, but the normals (I'm guessing it's a normals issue but I'm no modeler) always appear the polar opposite of what they should be. Even a steering wheel and steering column fused together on the same submesh using the same material (as in the case of the '95 Cobra R pictured) are lit very differently. Has anyone noticed this? I haven't seen this phenomenon on any other type of part so far, just steering wheels. :confuse:

[edit: it's definitely the imported normals, if I recalculate the normals the part looks fine]

Thanks,
- Ben

Attachments:
95CobraSWheelLightingAnotated.png
95CobraSWheelLightingAnotated.png [ 868 KiB | Viewed 110 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next