It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:25 pm 
Offline
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:58 am
Posts: 1298
Location: Barnet, London
I have updated 3DSimED 3.1k to include a fix for the F1 2017 plugin import - the front right and back right tires were swapped.

The fix is included in an updated .zip. Sorry to those who have to download again but 3DSimED isn't the biggest download and, of course, there will be many of you simply not interested in F1 2017 and, hence have no need to download this updated version.

If you are working with F1 2017 models, to download, please visit my site: http://www.sim-garage.co.uk

Cheers

Dave N.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:14 am 
Offline
Jackman
Jackman

Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:39 am
Posts: 5
Really thanks for the update, but I can't open correctly the file "incardriver.erp"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:41 am 
Offline
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:58 am
Posts: 1298
Location: Barnet, London
ERP files are just packed archives there are only a few which contain data which 3DSimED can import.

Cheers!

Dave N.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:59 am 
Offline
Jackman
Jackman

Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:56 pm
Posts: 6
Hi,
i have updated to the latest version (k) but i have problems with rf2 files, especially with "Animation". When i open a gmt file wich includes an animation, the previous used animation type "Transient" is resetted to "Event". Is this working as designed?

Cheers,
JuergenBY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:41 am 
Offline
Jackman
Jackman

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:12 pm
Posts: 4
Hi,

I've got problems with some of the materials/images that get exported for some of the cars from F1 2017
The sizes are all wrong for certain material maps, such as the WheelHubs/Rims for the Merc, or the Mercedes Detail.DDS file etc
Also the sidewalls on the tyres as well as the Slick_Diffuse files just seem to be "Inters"

thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
Tirechanger
Tirechanger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:17 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Russia, Taganrog City
Some of Test Drive Unlimited 2 models have bad import errors, like this one:
Image
Part HANIM_S (animated roof) ruined completely.
Extracted sample is uploaded here (shared textures and objects included - just in case).

Upd: Normals are wrong too:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:36 pm 
Offline
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:58 am
Posts: 1298
Location: Barnet, London
Thanks for the reports on the TDU2 problems. I will try to fix them before the next release.

Cheers

Dave N.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:38 pm 
Offline
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:58 am
Posts: 1298
Location: Barnet, London
If you are saying the results are different to 3.1j that's because they were wrong and should now be fixed.

Cheers

Dave N.

JuergenBY wrote:
Hi,
i have updated to the latest version (k) but i have problems with rf2 files, especially with "Animation". When i open a gmt file wich includes an animation, the previous used animation type "Transient" is resetted to "Event". Is this working as designed?

Cheers,
JuergenBY


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:58 am
Posts: 1298
Location: Barnet, London
The problem is that some of the mipmap files use a compression method I do not understand so some of the textures have to be the low resolution dds files.

It might be possible to offer other tyre textures but the user would have to be prompted every time a car was imported.

Cheers

Dave N.

raztaf1 wrote:
Hi,

I've got problems with some of the materials/images that get exported for some of the cars from F1 2017
The sizes are all wrong for certain material maps, such as the WheelHubs/Rims for the Merc, or the Mercedes Detail.DDS file etc
Also the sidewalls on the tyres as well as the Slick_Diffuse files just seem to be "Inters"

thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:25 am 
Offline
Jackman
Jackman

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:12 pm
Posts: 4
Thanks Dave,
I wouldn't mind being prompted for the other tyre textures, also i noticed that the wrong tyres get exported with the classic models.. they're all 2017 tyres.
maybe that part of it?


Dave Noonan wrote:
The problem is that some of the mipmap files use a compression method I do not understand so some of the textures have to be the low resolution dds files.

It might be possible to offer other tyre textures but the user would have to be prompted every time a car was imported.

Cheers

Dave N.

raztaf1 wrote:
Hi,

I've got problems with some of the materials/images that get exported for some of the cars from F1 2017
The sizes are all wrong for certain material maps, such as the WheelHubs/Rims for the Merc, or the Mercedes Detail.DDS file etc
Also the sidewalls on the tyres as well as the Slick_Diffuse files just seem to be "Inters"

thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:05 am 
Offline
Tirechanger
Tirechanger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:17 pm
Posts: 16
Location: Russia, Taganrog City
A couple of unreported but old bugs (for Forza importer):

Wheel blur mesh is ignored by importer, but it's present in model files:
Image
(all lods, no blurs, those axles...)
Image
(blur meshes in wheel modelbin)

Not very important, but maybe there another skips? (if it a bug of course)

Another small bug are in FBX exporter, 3 of 4 tires missing textures, because of material duplication to empty ones:
Image

Maybe it's 3dsmax issue, because in Deep Exploration 6,5 (bad FBX importer) all 4 wheels have empty materials (not duped), but in SAP 3D Visual Enterprise 8 (slightly better FBX importer) all 4 wheels have their textures in places (also no duplicates in materials).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1k Update
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:58 am
Posts: 1298
Location: Barnet, London
I was deliberately skipping the blur as it looked so bad but it can go back in.

The FBX Export with the tires is very strange and needs fixing.

Cheers!

Dave N.

Andrakann wrote:
A couple of unreported but old bugs (for Forza importer):

Wheel blur mesh is ignored by importer, but it's present in model files:

Another small bug are in FBX exporter, 3 of 4 tires missing textures, because of material duplication to empty ones:

Maybe it's 3dsmax issue, because in Deep Exploration 6,5 (bad FBX importer) all 4 wheels have empty materials (not duped), but in SAP 3D Visual Enterprise 8 (slightly better FBX importer) all 4 wheels have their textures in places (also no duplicates in materials).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group