It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:42 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hello, I am having problems. I am trying to convert a model from mod F1 RSS 2017 from Assetto Corsa to rFactor 2 but everytime I open the kn5, 3DSimed closes.

I tried opening in 3dsmax and it opens well. Also tried exporting in .3ds and importing in 3dsimed but it misses all materials, etc...

I tried with some official content .kn5 and it imports but this one doesn't but it works in 3ds max.

I please you to help me because I can't convert it.

Here you go with the .kn5, so you can investigate the issue: https://mega.nz/#!omgQELaR!RmOwHTFXXzBg ... Qb7osYW740

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:16 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Thanks for uploading the Kn5, I can see there's something 3DSimED does not like about this file - I will be looking at this.

When you say it imports to 3DSMax do you mean via Fbx or is their a way to import the Kn5 directly?.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:07 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Hello. I exported the kn5 and opened .obj in 3ds max, it worked. I tried .fbx in 3ds max too and it worked.

I also tried importing .fbx in 3dsimed but it didn't work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:14 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

BlackGoku wrote:
Hello. I exported the kn5 and opened .obj in 3ds max, it worked. I tried .fbx in 3ds max too and it worked.

I also tried importing .fbx in 3dsimed but it didn't work.

I tried opening .fbx in 3dsmax, exporting as .3ds, opening .3ds in 3dsimed and it closes the program again.

:(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:06 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

There is a way to import your model - untick 'Keep Object Nesting' in the import options for kn5.

The car has for some reason a very deeply nested structure and this was causing problems to 3DSimED so it will require a new version of the application, this means it could be a while before the fix is released (I cannot fix it with an update to the Assetto Corsa plugin).

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:30 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:
There is a way to import your model - untick 'Keep Object Nesting' in the import options for kn5.

The car has for some reason a very deeply nested structure and this was causing problems to 3DSimED so it will require a new version of the application, this means it could be a while before the fix is released (I cannot fix it with an update to the Assetto Corsa plugin).

Cheers

Dave N.

Ok, Thanks. I already tried that but it makes the model be horrible. Anyway I am very happy it will be fixed soon.