It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Bullrun 1000!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Jan Kohl wrote:
If you all send me paints, I'll put them in the carset for the BR1000. Timezone is US Eastern.

I think I'll see what cars get picked over the next few days. If we don't have many/any Volvos, I may let the high-speed track be the one. That'll be fun. The problem is that if anyone pics a Volvo, they really need the hairpin to be competitive with the high HP cars.

Cheers!

What is the final decision on the track? High speed or chicane? I have been practicing on the chicane one that is on the server. They are different tracks and I don't want to practice on the wrong one just to find out you changed it the last few days.
Thanx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:36 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Is the server track set up for driver swaps???

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, I don't see any Volvos, so we're going to use the high-speed track. I'll make sure that we get the server set up tonight.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have updated the first post with the link to the rules and the driver swap guide, make sure you are familiar with the rules and how to swap. Disregard the links on the rules page for the track and the carset, the ones in this thread are correct (and our carset will be loaded tomorrow). Remember as well that currently there isn't any need for pre-qualifying, so all qualifying will be done on the day of the race, everyone currently entered will have a spot.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:04 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Jan Kohl wrote:
I have updated the first post with the link to the rules and the driver swap guide, make sure you are familiar with the rules and how to swap. Disregard the links on the rules page for the track and the carset, the ones in this thread are correct (and our carset will be loaded tomorrow). Remember as well that currently there isn't any need for pre-qualifying, so all qualifying will be done on the day of the race, everyone currently entered will have a spot.

Thanks jan :cooler:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:55 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hello Jan,

I will have a car skin later today. Where do I send it and what do you need? Just the main dds file? I can email it to you.

Rod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeah, just email it to me, Rob...just the dds is fine.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ok, posted the carset link in the first post. Everyone *must* use this carset, and make sure that you practice with these tires, as they are a little different than the default NAGT tires. If you did not send me a car, just select a car from the BR1000 carset and use it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:12 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Not very happy Jan, I sent you a link via PM for my teams car file and I download the Bullrun 2012 carset and my team is not included :?

Without a car it makes it very hard to race, here is the link again but I guess now it is to late ........

http://www.triplepracing.com/files/trip ... ullrun.rar

Will have to see if we can make the race now :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry, Van...dunno what happened to that. However, I've updated not only the carset with your team's car, but Rob's team had a problem with the veh files, so I've updated both and reposted the carset. Everyone please download it again from the main link on the first page.

Here's what we'll do tomorrow. I will PM everyone (who signed up) the password to enter the race from these forums tonight, so make sure you check. Pass your teammates the password. Since we don't have that many teams this year, ALL DRIVERS MAY STAY ON THE SERVER! That way there is no disconnects, the driver who starts gets on the server, while the 2nd driver needs to stay on in spectator mode. When it comes your time to race, you can just perform the normal steps to get in the car. Nobody has to leave the server, so your teammate can stay on.

Make SURE you use either teamspeak or the "whisper" /w function to talk to your driver during the race.

Any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And one more fix to the carset...if you *just* downloaded the carset and see "Bullrun 2011" when you select your car, grab this file and extract to your rFactor directory. Sorry for the carset problems...Jim has done this for the past few years, and I've gotten rusty on fixing carsets!

Attachment:
one_more_fix.zip [18.65 KiB]
Downloaded 141 times

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:14 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Jan Kohl wrote:
Sorry, Van...dunno what happened to that. However, I've updated not only the carset with your team's car, but Rob's team had a problem with the veh files, so I've updated both and reposted the carset. Everyone please download it again from the main link on the first page.

Here's what we'll do tomorrow. I will PM everyone (who signed up) the password to enter the race from these forums tonight, so make sure you check. Pass your teammates the password. Since we don't have that many teams this year, ALL DRIVERS MAY STAY ON THE SERVER! That way there is no disconnects, the driver who starts gets on the server, while the 2nd driver needs to stay on in spectator mode. When it comes your time to race, you can just perform the normal steps to get in the car. Nobody has to leave the server, so your teammate can stay on.

Make SURE you use either teamspeak or the "whisper" /w function to talk to your driver during the race.

Any questions, feel free to ask! :)

Cheers!

Thanks Jan awesome work on getting those last 2 teams included ;) makes a massive difference to the feel of the event to be able to use your own Team colours :-) looking forward to the race :drive:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:52 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Getting a mismatch for the DBR9 when I enter the game with the Triple P Racing Team car, but not when I enter with the default pontiac team #20, don't know who if anyone is driving that car without an entrant list to go off ;)

I have made a temporary fix since the veh file for my team is obviously wrong I have renamed the .dds file for my skin to the default Pontiac .dds name as it is refered to in the .veh file to be able to drive a car with my teams skin on it if anyone wants to download and install the renamed file which will not cause mismatches it is below:

www.triplepracing.com/files/GTO_BR11_default.rar

If someone else is actually driving this default Pontiac, sorry for the use of your car if you don't download the file above your skin will remain as it was supposed to be for your team ;)

The race itself is in the early am for us in Australia so, we will be doing some last minute practice on the high speed track tonight our time and hope to see you all bright and early in the am our time for Qually and the race.

Good luck to all, hope there are a lot of finishers this year ;)

Vance.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:47 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

SLIGHT DELAY GETTING THE SERVER STARTED... BE PATIENT FOR A FEW MINS.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:55 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

SERVER BACK UP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next