It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:50 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hope Solo to run for president of US Soccer Federation

m.pic5678 Former US women's team goalkeeper Hope Solo has announced she is running for president of the US Soccer Federation.Solo, 36, is one of nine candidates to replace the outgoing president Sunil Gulati, who is not seeking a fourth term following the men's team's failure to qualify for the 2018 World Cup."I know exactly what US Soccer needs to do, I know exactly how to do m.pic5678 it, and I possess the fortitude to get it done," Solo said."I have always been willing to sacrifice for what I believe in and I believe there is no greater sacrifice then fighting for equal opportunity, integrity and honesty, especially in an organization like the USSF that could give so much more to our communities across the nation."

Solo says she is running on four core principles: creating a winning culture in US soccer; equal pay for women; making soccer accessible for all; and stressing transparency in the federation.She won 202 caps for the US during her playing career, recording 153 wins and 102 clean sheets.However, Solo has not played for m.pic5678 her country since being suspended after calling the Sweden players "cowards" after they beat the US in the quarter-finals of the 2016 Olympics.The election to decide the next president will be held in February.