It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:24 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Is it possible to use the one texture for more than one gauge in rFactor. For example, if I've got a circular gauge where each quarter is a different function (eg top left is water temp, top right oil, bottom left fuel, bottom right oil press) can I use that one texture map or does rFactor require that each quadrant be a separate texture?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:32 am 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

Well, it could be done. rFactor has some sort of position variable in the cockpit.ini file that lets you move the needles around a background image. But making a single background do so many tasks would require a high resolution image.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:28 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

You can do it. The hardest part is positioning the needles.

In the cockpit.ini file you set the background the same for all of the gauges on the texture you're using. Then you add a variable that sets where the needle is positioned (example, for the tach it would be TachometerCenter=(x,y)). The value for x and y ranges from 0.0 to 1.0 with 0.0, 0.0 being the lower left corner (if I remember right) and 0.5, 0.5 being the middle of the texture (0.5, 0.5 is the default value). So with four gauges on one texture, you'd be looking at something close to centers at (0.25, 0.25), (0.25, 0.75), (0.75, 0.25), (0.75, 0.75) if the center of each gauge is in the center of each quarter of the graphic.

www.theuspits.com

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Phil 4:13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:28 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi everybody!
Maybe a little late to the main question of this post, but the next pictures will give the answer:

The shots are from the mod F1 1983 + 1984 for rFactor.
It is nex to to realise. I am the modder and got this post searching by google to understand the cockpit.ini working.
The 1st image is from the ATS D6 cockpit with oil and water temperature in one dial.
The 2nd image is from the Theodore N183 cockpit with oil and water temperature in two half dials and
The 3rd image is from the Toleman TG183 cockpit with oil pressure and oil temperature in two half dials.
Well I hope to aid you as you done to me.
For more information please dowload the mod "F1 1983 & 1984 for rFactor" and I hope you enjoy it.