It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:10 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Has anyone written a startlight tutorial? Everything from the ground up on how the glows are modeled, materials are assigned and how to sequence the lights?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:17 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

Jason thats not a tut I have seen yet but dont mine chatting with you on how I go about doing it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:52 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Anything you could tell me would be very much appreciated. At this point I've imported the startlight gmt from jacksonville into one of the tracks I'm making for the super modifieds and I think that it's working ok but, there are no light glows that came with it on the original track so, the lights are very dull and I can barely see them. I've tried to make glows for the lights but it crashes the game when I try to enter the track and gives me a material loading error. I'm guessing that I've named one of the materials or a texture wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:24 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Hi Jason,

Startlight and startlight glow are separate objects.

For example, "rdlta" gmt's corresponding glow object (gmt) is "rdltglowa". Both objects uses very same animation sequence and their initial map names (for animation) are "rdlt.tga" (for rdlta material) and "rdglow.bmp" (for rdltglowa material).

You must create these corresponding glow-materials and objects for each stage. In other words: with rdlta, rdltb, rdltc... etc. materials needs corresponding rdltglowa, rdltglowb, rdltglowc materials with EXACT same animation sequence and correct map names within animation (rdlt.tga and rdglow.bmp).

And of course, glow and light objects must be placed next to each other on track scene as well to get lights fully illuminated.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers!