It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: [NR2003] Move fkeys
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:26 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

Hi all,

This something I've always wanted to do this in NR2003, to move the fkeys around other than the middle area of the screen. Since I have a widescreen monitor I thought it would be cool if I was able to adjust the position of the fkeys. I did some searching over the web and even on here and sadly all the links are dead to this program that is called N2003lyt. Apparently it can allow you to move the fkeys wherever. If anyone still happens to have this archived somewhere or knows an easier way to edit the lyt file to move the f-key that would be awesome. I found files that have the fkeys already moved to the top left of the screen but it covers up part of my mirror so that doesn't help much. I'd rather just create the positioning myself.

thanks for any help :cheers:

Post subject: Re: [NR2003] Move fkeys
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:51 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

Here it is http://www.gamefront.com/files/21151725/N2003lyt.zip but you might have to learn german to get going :P

Post subject: Re: [NR2003] Move fkeys
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:05 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

[quote="Mr_Too_Slow"]Here it is http://www.gamefront.com/files/21151725/N2003lyt.zip but you might have to learn german to get going :P[/quote]

thank you so much! The German part doesn't worry me too much, I can use a translator / the other thread I found here that goes through most of the process to get it working. Well I've gotten pretty far already. I just need to learn how to repack the file and I should be good to go.

thanks again :thumbsup:

Edit: I figured out how to edit the f-key successfully now. I've been moving it all over the screen trying different variations. Looks like it's possible to even make the UI go into widescreen but you have to edit the driving.win file in a hex editor and I'm not very familiar with editing such things as that lol