It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:38 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

This track, previously known as the TCR Superspeedway Unrestricted, has been renamed to what I originally wanted the track to be named. The track is 4.0 miles in length and has 5 infield road course routes, 4 of which will utilize an infield runway.

Quote:
The Tereana City Superspeedway is a fictional race track located on a fictional island in a fictional nation. This track is a 4-mile quad-oval with five infield courses and an infield airport (which is being developed for FSX). Four of the five infield courses will use the runway and taxiways of this airport as part of the course.

Quote:
This is going to be the only track that I will release for NR2003 that is of my own design. Because of this, I will release all six courses that the track will have.

Attachment:
TER_SS_MAP.PNG
TER_SS_MAP.PNG [ 60.48 KiB | Viewed 5242 times ]

In the screenshot attached, although I don't have any visible surfaces on the track yet, I do have the basic layout of the track with a rough sketch of what the infield layouts will be like. The blue line is the pit road apron. In the previously released version of this track, pitting from 240 mph to 70 mph was a challenge in some vehicles. Pit road will be 35 feet above the racing surface.

The race will be 200 laps (800 miles). Estimated times are in the screenshot and compared to that of the Daytona 500. These times are the absolute quickest that the races will take place if the cars maintain the desired speeds all the way around the track. Given pit stops and corner slow-downs, the races may take an extra 30 minutes to complete.

The track can hold up to 9 cars side-by-side with all cars being on the racing surface.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track Links:
Track's Facebook Page
NR2003 Forum
rFactor Forum
NR2003 Description
rFactor Description

Last edited by TCR_500 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:24 am 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

:nanadance: :nana: Can't wait!

Jan Kohl wrote:
This inane conversation has gone on long enough. Word to the wise...don't resurrect it.

^^ Would heed the man's advice, he does wield the Pitboard of Doom!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:15 am 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

I got the base oval geometry in, just the pavement and the banking though, no infield details yet.

Here's a shot of the apron in turn 4 looking towards turn 3. It was suggested that I do something to make pitting a bit easier since you're going ~240 all the way around and the front stretch isn't big enough to get you stopped in time. It was suggested that I use a hill on the frontstretch but I chose to bank the apron instead. The apron in this shot is banked 21 degrees, which is high enough for you to go remain at full throttle long enough to get out of traffic before pitting. You have an extra 2,500 feet to get slowed down. Plus, you have all of the 30-foot apron width to work with. The rest of the apron banking only extends 15 feet.
Attachment:
ter_ss_0001.PNG
ter_ss_0001.PNG [ 522.01 KiB | Viewed 5172 times ]

An updated estimation of the infield courses since I have the base geometry in.
Attachment:
ter_ss_0002.PNG
ter_ss_0002.PNG [ 81.03 KiB | Viewed 5172 times ]

Note that due to the increased apron banking in turn 4 and the increased width of that banking, there is an elevation change in the middle of turns 3 and 4 that may cause problems when bump-drafting. Other than that, the track is perfectly smooth due to the new pavement. It doesn't look too bad when viewed in driving mode in the editor at 440 ft/sec (300 mph) but it really doesn't take much to upset the race cars.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:38 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Hey TCR, do you expect to release this to the public? I LOVE superspeedways (but not because that's all I can race ;))

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:57 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

I absolutely do intend on releasing this track. However, the infield courses are giving more problems than I have anticipated, and I'm in the process of updating the track geometry of the Newport News speedway to make passing a little bit easier. Plus I'm trying to enhance my website. This track most likely will not be released for NR2003 as the method used to build the track makes the track incompatible for NR2003. But it will definitely be released for rFactor, most likely in stages as I don't really want to keep you waiting for the oval course just because I haven't completed the 3 or 4 infield courses.

I'm almost to a point where I can release some more screenshots of the track. This time, including the infield geometry for the short road course route. Plus I'm going to post a few youtube videos about my projects, the intentions for those projects, and the priorities of those projects.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:16 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

TCR_500 wrote:
I absolutely do This track most likely will not be released for NR2003 as the method used to build the track makes the track incompatible for NR2003.

:sad: Dang, that's what I was hoping this was for, but thanks for answering my Q.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:20 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

I'm so sorry. :sad:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:42 am 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

The TCR project intentions video is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_ZesqQ9vNM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:44 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

By the way, I do intend on building a test version of this track for NR2003 just to see how the track will handle. The pit-out apron is a big concern and may cause some trouble because the method I'm using to build the apron for rFactor will cause the apron to become bumpy when put onto a single PTF file. So if the test goes well, I'll release the oval course for NR2003, but only the oval course.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:24 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

TCR_500 wrote:
By the way, I do intend on building a test version of this track for NR2003 just to see how the track will handle. The pit-out apron is a big concern and may cause some trouble because the method I'm using to build the apron for rFactor will cause the apron to become bumpy when put onto a single PTF file. So if the test goes well, I'll release the oval course for NR2003, but only the oval course.

Awesome dude, and I will pm you once I'm finished with what we discussed :bg: :bg:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:47 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

Well, in the mean time, here's an updated preview of the track.

Attachments:
preview_update_1.PNG
preview_update_1.PNG [ 94.55 KiB | Viewed 5010 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:02 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

It's been a while since I updated this thread.

Here are some videos of the track in action.
Early Alpha Testing
Alpha Testing with a Bang!
More Alpha Testing
AI Test Race
Rumble Strip Test 1
Rumble Strip Test 2

And here is the track's facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tereana-City-Superspeedway/465077880211503

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:12 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

I know it's been a while since I made an update to this thread. Sorry about that. The first page post has been brought up to date.