This track, previously known as the TCR Superspeedway Unrestricted, has been renamed to what I originally wanted the track to be named. The track is 4.0 miles in length and has 3 infield road course routes, 2 of which will utilize an infield runway.
Changes from previous version:
- Corners are banked 31° from 45° (helps maintain control in corners)
- Added pit out apron banked 31° (keeps cars coming out of pit road from interfering with racing traffic)
- Banked apron on turn 4 21° to help with pitting under green (requested, helps cars get slowed to pit road more easily)
- Aprons in corners banked 18° from 15° and 5° on straights (helps keep cars under control if they go on apron).
- Track is now a quad-oval with 10° of banking on the straights (didn't like it looking like a blown-up version of Daytona).
- Track will contain more than 100 garage areas (2-story building) with 44 pit boxes plus the pace car box.
- Polygon resolution will vary depending on the segment you are on and the chosen detail level. Collision model will not very in resolution.
- Pit road will have a wall and eventually, the catch fence will go from the inside wall to the outside wall, just in case someone turns their car into an airplane.
TER_SS_MAP.PNG [ 60.48 KiB | Viewed 2230 times ]
In the screenshot attached, although I don't have any visible surfaces on the track yet, I do have the basic layout of the track with a rough sketch of what the infield layouts will be like. The blue line is the pit road apron. In the previously released version of this track, pitting from 240 mph to 75 mph was a challenge in some vehicles. Due to a request to fix this, the apron in turn 4 will be banked 21 degrees, which is sufficient to allow a car to go onto the apron at full throttle and slow down to pit road speed.
The race will be 200 laps (800 miles). Estimated times are in the screenshot and compared to that of the Daytona 500. These times are the absolute quickest that the races will take place if the cars maintain the desired speeds all the way around the track. Given pit stops and corner slow-downs, the races may take an extra 30 minutes to complete.
The track can hold up to 9 cars side-by-side with all cars being on the racing surface.