It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:44 am 
Jackman
Jackman

After nine years of oval off-line racing (off and on, nothing hardcore), I've begun installing road course tracks and mods. The TPTCC mod at The Pits warned me that any special sound files will be overwritten in the installation. I'm using the Jimmy Johnson spotter and some other mods I don't want to lose. Short of having two NR2003 directories can I have both TPTCC sound files and NR2003 sound files active in the appropriate mod?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:21 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

Yeah, either you can use D3playerpicker from this thread viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16477 or you can use another utility called "pwf pta mod util", http://www.gamefront.com/files/21378738 ... il_v12.exe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:42 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Thanks. The wildfire utility cannot find the RunTimeDir(NR2003.exe) file. I've got the NR2003 disc in the computer and the game installed in the default directory. Any idea why the installation wizard cannot find the file?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:41 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

Hmm, tricky one. I run the other program (D3PP) and it's been 7 or 8 years since I installed that :P

I find the info below in the readme, maybe that can help?
Quote:
NASCAR(r) Racing 2003 Season 1.2.0.1 - Project Wildfire Papyrus Trans Am Series Mod Utility 1.2

3/17/04

[ To read this file, select Edit/Word Wrap from the menu above ]

TABLE OF CONTENTS

[1] HOW TO INSTALL THE PTA MOD UTILITY
[2] RUNNING THE PTA MOD UTILITY
[3] ORIGINAL FEATURES
[4] ENHANCED FEATURES
[5] INI FILE CONFIGURATION
[6] KNOWN ISSUES
[7] TROUBLE REPORTING

NOTE: The PTA Mod will only work if you have previously installed the Papyrus 1.2.0.1 Patch. It is recommended that you remove the old PWF PTA Beta Version if it is installed.

[1] HOW TO INSTALL THE PTA MOD UTILITY
==========================================
Run the setup program, 'pwf_pta_ptamodutil_v12.exe' which for most users will just be a matter of clicking next all the way through the setup. If you have multiple instances of NR2003S installed, pwf_pta_ptamodutil_v12.exe will automatically detect the directory structure of the latest install. Please note that you have the option to install the PTA Mod Utility on a system that does not have the PTA Mod already installed. For the installation to work properly in the case where you do not already have the PTA Mod installed, you must select the "Fresh Install" option. This will install everything you need for the Utility to operate. If you already have the PTA Mod installed, simply install using the default options and the new Utility will be setup properly. You have the option of installing to other instances of NR2003S as well.

If the Setup program does not detect a valid NR2003.exe file in the installation directory, it will report an error. You must install the track Add-on to a valid installation of NR2003.

[2] RUNNING THE PTA MOD UTILITY
The PTA Mod Utility allows you to select which dash and which version of sound you would like to use. After choosing these options and clicking the Run NR2003 button, the sim will start as normal. The sound pack selected will be used for all mod's and the cup series. The track group selected will be used for all mod's and the cup series. The car file selection is specific to the mod selected (as well as the cup series) and offline/online. If you use any mod other than the PTA mod, the dash chosen is not applicable.

Once you have selected your choices, those choices will be remembered so they do not need to be selected each time you use the Utility. Simply click the RUN NR2003 button if you want to keep the same dash and sound pack the last time you ran the sim.

If you run the sim with out using the Utility, the default cup sounds and the square-style Dash will be used.

The PTA Mod Utility must be installed and run from the root directory of the sim i.e., C:\Papyrus\NASCAR Racing 2003 Season

[3] ORGINAL FEATURES
- Memory of the user's last selected options.
- The Utility uses an initialization file to keep track of which sound packs and
dashboards are used.
- Ability to select different PTA Mod Dashes
- Ability to select different sound packs
- Backup option to save the sound information
- Restore option to recover when the sim or computer crashes.

[4] ENHANCED FEATURES
- More robust Backup and Restore procedures
- Now allows the user to select "Track Packs."
- User can add his/her own command line options for the Sim
- The PTA Mod Utility now has the option to add personal PTA Mod Dashes (like the sound packs).
- Series and car file management option so you can select what car you are using for a specific Mod.

[5] INI FILE CONFIGURATION
The Utility uses this initialization file to keep track of which sound packs and dashboards are used.

Use "Notepad" to open and edit this file.

- It is possible to add your own sound packs for use with the other series. Under the [SoundFolders] section of the PTAModUtil.ini file you will see the following;

[SoundFolders]
sound=Default Sound Pack
sound_pta_v1=PTA Sound Pack 1
sound_pta_v2=PTA Sound Pack 2

These are the two sound packs that come with the PTA Mod.

To add a new sound folder, you simply add the folder name as the ini key, and then add a name to it. So if you have cup sounds you would create a folder called sound_cup then add this line to the ini:
sound_cup=Cup Series Sound

Currently Danny Willis' looks like this:

[SoundFolders]
sound=Default Sound Pack
sound_pta_v1=PTA Sound Pack 1
sound_pta_v2=PTA Sound Pack 2
sound_cup=Cup Series Sounds
sound_gns=GNS Series Sounds
sound_cts=Truck Series Sounds

NOTE: Make sure you add the SPCC folder in your new sounds folder because the sim will 'go away ungracefully' if it isn't there.

- The .ini file now has an option to allow users to input command line options for the NR2003.exe. This option is the cmdline key under the debugging section. Simply set it to the command line arguements the user wants the sim to run with. For example, if you want to force the sim to start in the pta mod you would add this:

[Debugging]
cmdline=-ko"20:personal information:series:pta"

Please see the NR2003 readme.txt for complete information on the usage of command line arguements.

- It is possible to add your own track packs to group your tracks together as well as to work around the 128 track limit. To add a new track group: Use "Notepad" to open and edit the ptamodutil.ini file. Under the [TrackGroups] section of the ini file you would add your new folder. So if you have a group of oval tracks you would create a folder called tracks_oval that contains all of your oval track, then add this line to the ini:
[TrackGroups]
tracks_oval=Circle Tracks

NOTE: Make sure you add the shared folder in your new tracks folder because the sim will 'go away ungracefully' if it isn't there.

- It is possible to add your own PTA Dash models. To add a new dash: Use "Notepad" to open and edit the ptamodutil.ini file. Under the [PTADashOptions] section of the ini file you would add your new dash file. So if you have a raised TriDash you would create a file called tridashraised.3d0. Then add this line to the ini:
[PTADashOptions]
tridashraised.3do=Raised Tridash

NOTE: At the moment there is no work around for cockpits that use multiple files, so you need to create a new .3do model that contains the dash you would like to use.

- It is possible to add your own Car file selections. To add a new car file selection: Under the [AvailableMods] section of the ini file you would add your mod selection. So if you want to add car file options for the GNS mod you would add this:
[AvailableMods]
GNS=GN Mod
Then create a new section with that mod name appended with "cars." For example, if you added GNS then you would add this:
[gnscars]
Finally add all of your car file choices under that section. Your final ini setup should look like this:
[AvailableMods]
GNS=GN Mod

[gnscars]
Danny_Willis.gns.car=Dan's default car
gn_open.gns.car=Open server car

NOTE: The Backup Utility does NOT save your car files. Use at your own risk.

- Backup:
The backup utility has been enhanced to restore the Sim to an operational state if a computer crash occurs or a crash of the sim occurs. The backup function will 'save' the current sound folders that are listed in the ini. You will see these folders copied and the extension "_bak" added to them. Backup also saves all of the dash files that are configured in the ini by copying them and adding a .bak extension to them. When running the Utility for the first time, it now checks to see if a backup has been run, and if not the user is prompted and warned about the backup. I'm basically forcing the user to run the backup now to ensure proper system recovery in the event of a sim/system crash.
NOTES: Due to the size of the track pack folders, the Backup utility does NOT backup the track folders. This needs to be done manually. I suggest using Winzip or Winrar as they do a decent job of compacting the folders. The Backup function does NOT back up car files due to the amount of car files some one may have.

- Restore:
In the event of a simulation crash everything should work normally the next time you start the sim either normally or by using the Utility. However, it has been found that in certain OS/System configurations this may not be the case. In the event of a system crash or unexpected reboot while running the sim, the folder / file structure may get corrupted. The restore procedure has been enhanced to recover from any case of file/folder corruption due to a system/sim error. If the backup has been run, the restore procedure will overwrite all the current file and folder combinations that are included in the ini configuration (for sound and dash options only). The restore feature will then check for and left over files/folders from the system/sim crash. If there is a sound_org (which means the Utility didn't recover properly) the current sound folder is deleted and the sound_org is copied back to the orginal sound folder. The procedure is the same for the track pack so the user does not lose their original tracks folder. This will ensure that the user recovers their original sound pack and track pack so the sim continues to function properly with its default configuration. If there is a make_a_pta.3d0 file in the series\pta folder, this file is deleted so the default dash will be displayed again.
NOTES: If backup is not run, then the Restore procedure does NOT pay attention to the lack of backup stuff. It will, however, still check for any sound_org or tracks_org folders to exist and if they do, the sound and/or tracks folders will be deleted and the sound_org/tracks_org will be copied back to orginal. If there is a make_a_pta.3do file, it is deleted. This is done because the assumption is made that the user must be up and working properly with the default configuration regardless of what happens. If they lose their new options, it's their own fault for not running the backup.

[6] KNOWN ISSUES
====================================
When using the NR2003 command line option, sometimes the controller calibration in the sim gets corrupted, requiring re-calibration

[7] TROUBLE REPORTING
====================================

Project Wildfire is not supported by or affiliated with Vivendi Universal Games, Sierra Online, or Papyrus Racing Games so please do not call or email the above technical support with Project Wildfire PTA Mod issues.

You may use the support forums at www.projectwildfire.com

Direct link: www.hcmotorsports.com/6/ubb.x?a=cfrm&s=19760511

Copyright (c)2004 Project Wildfire

edit: installed it on my computer and this is the actual readme instead of just part of the pwf pta mod readme

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:22 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Is it looking for C:\PROGRAM FILES\PAPYRUS or C:\PAPYRUS Could make a diffence.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:07 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

I could install it to a directory that doesn't have the nr2003.exe and here's what I got from the installer http://www.gamefront.com/files/21379582 ... zipped.zip

I realized something, since you dont explicitly mention running mods before, do you have the 1.2.0.1 patch installed? The util is likely looking for a patched exe (unlocks the other physics so it's required to run mods) and if you still have the original exe it wont like that.

Last edited by Mr_Too_Slow on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:15 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Will_H#24 wrote:
Is it looking for C:\PROGRAM FILES\PAPYRUS or C:\PAPYRUS Could make a diffence.

I don't know for what it's looking. My installation is C:\Papyrus. How do I determine for whisch directory the installation program is looking?

Edit: I installed the 1201 patch when it was first available.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Being that it has been a long time, I don't recall what was modified. However, before installing TPTCC, just make a copy of your sound folder, then you can replace any sounds we modify. I don't think we mess with addon spotters...

Cheers!