All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:15 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Smiffsden present Watkins Glen International 2010 Boot Edition:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

FEATURES
====================================

** Massive changes to track height, geometry and layout up to 2010 spec.
** Added tarmac run off areas as per 2010 track spec.
** Added tunnel access roads, not drivable unfortunately, but they look nice.
** Added safer barrier to last turn and moved bridge to proper location.
** New Pit Entry/Exit & flagger official at Pit Entry/Exit.
** New Camera positions (Tv1 is not great, TV2 matches the TV cameras used in the Izod Indycar race).
** Added many new objects including trees, crowd, infield, grandstands.
** All new textures and track signage.
** Added new Press Building and Victory Lane (the press building is a rough mockup, it's not perfect)
** New A.I. LP files
** Tyres are located in the inner loop instead of a stop/go penalty box, these were there during the Indycar race
** (these will be removed when the Cup layout is released).

KNOWN ISSUES / NOTES
====================================

I often get asked where the lp files are, they are packed in the dat file, bet you didn't know you could do that LOL, if you want to use alternative lp files, just drop them into the track folder.

Sometimes the AI run wide in the last turn leaving the door open for you to nip up inside, only way this can be fixed is with a new race.lp line which I'm not going to do. On lap 1, some AI may run wide in the Carousel, again this is because of the lp file but unless they all pile into each other it shouldn't trigger a caution. Flying objects may be off height wise, this was due to the geometry and height changes to the track, I'll fix this one day, but it's quiet funny in a wierd kind of way seeing a helicopter flying through a tree. AI are fast, 85-90% should do on most carsets. The AI are stupid on pit exit, this is because of the tight sections, I've smoothed it out as much as I can but they're still dumb and may crash into the wall if exiting pit side by side. There's a nasty bump exiting the Carousel but it makes the track interesting & driving up the short shoot will get you a 30 second stop/go penalty so don't even bother ;)

I tried an experiment with some track side objects, which are dynamically lit (press building, the industrial stuff outside turn 11 etc.) if they cause you major fps issues, please let me know.

FPS may drop coming back up onto the short shoot (turn 9?) this is due to the high number of objects being drawn (most of the track) so nowt I can do to fix it.

Available at my site (registration required):
http://www.smiffsden.com

The Classic (GPL) and Cup layouts will follow.