It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1h
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:50 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

The materialbins are used it's just that many of the shaders seem to be procedural and don't have diffuse textures, that's all...

Cheers

Dave N.

a1587186 wrote:
Hello, thanks for adding Forza carbin support. Importing works great after following instructions carefully for extracting.

I was wondering, while all .swatchbin textures are imported, it doesnt seem to work with .materialbin textures. Is it possible .materialbin textures could be imported aswell ? Many small details like screws and such seem to be .materialbins and are ignored at import. Also would it maybe be possible to import lower LODs further down the road ?

Very impressed that forza model support, looking forward to buying full version of 3dsimed if above things could be added

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 7:46 am 
Jackman
Jackman

hmm, ok I figured out why script didnt work, is just my path name was with spacebar, I changed it and worked perfect. I still cant figure out how to import carbins. It does import them showing only all object names, but no models loaded nor textures. Should be carbins and modelbins in the same folder or what?

Looking forward for lower LODs

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:07 am 
Jackman
Jackman

TomWin wrote:
hmm, ok I figured out why script didnt work, is just my path name was with spacebar, I changed it and worked perfect. I still cant figure out how to import carbins. It does import them showing only all object names, but no models loaded nor textures. Should be carbins and modelbins in the same folder or what?

Looking forward for lower LODs

Tom you must read carefully what Dave has written here as i had the same problem.
I simply overlooked a step but after reading again it works fine.
All any_car.carbin files can be imported and all textures are loaded and mapped.
After unpacking all models where in a new folder and i could load them from there without any problem.
Cheers...

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:13 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:
The materialbins are used it's just that many of the shaders seem to be procedural and don't have diffuse textures, that's all...

Cheers

Dave N.

a1587186 wrote:
Hello, thanks for adding Forza carbin support. Importing works great after following instructions carefully for extracting.

I was wondering, while all .swatchbin textures are imported, it doesnt seem to work with .materialbin textures. Is it possible .materialbin textures could be imported aswell ? Many small details like screws and such seem to be .materialbins and are ignored at import. Also would it maybe be possible to import lower LODs further down the road ?

Very impressed that forza model support, looking forward to buying full version of 3dsimed if above things could be added

Hello Dave, appreciate the speedy reply, very interesting. Maybe I'm just missing something or not understanding forza model setup then.

I looked up example model mazda and marked some parts on rearwing that should be using .materialbin texture such as screw. Should there not be some sort of texture applied other than solid colour here ? Image

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:22 am 
Jackman
Jackman

That's odd I simply moved all from my work folder to just F:\Apex and now it loads all perfect. So you cant have your path too long

Thanks now it works all perfect, it was my mistake only

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:44 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

so this quickbms script works only with apex? because im wasting time with fh3 with this, and it doesnt work..

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:23 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

[DELETED]

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:52 am 
Jackman
Jackman

@Dave
Is it possible to have a simple answer about lower LODs?
Are those importable or not yet?

Thanks in advance,
AMG.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:46 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Yes, they will be imported in later versions.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 10:02 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

I want to convert AC tracks but I cannot get the right combination for the grass and gravel textures. They come out white. What is the correct combination for the layers and the shaders for RF2 and GTR2? Answer in H version? If anyone has the answer this is not just directed at Dave. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:01 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

how to import carbin files of FH3 with 3DSimED31i version? i tried the quickbms script, but the imported carbin is empty. btw when i click for "more 3DSimED details" it says "access denied"

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:35 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Upd:
ok, for some reason it didnt work with this path: F:\forza_cars\media\cars\LAM_Bellissima_17
but i renamed "forza_cars" folder to "fh3c" and now it works, lol

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:24 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Anyone have any luck using powershell script to create a batch file for fh3 files ? I've input my paths into the powershell script and tried to run it, but it only produces an empty batch file :dunno:

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:33 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hello guys! I am really glad having an updated version of 3dsimed. But i have one problem while importing the .carbin car. I just choose the file and it crashes! What should i do to import a forza car model without any problems? Which steps have i missed?
P.S
On the screen you can see a window. It translates like that: the program stopped working

Looking forward to finding an answers from you guys!

Attachments:
Снимок экрана (99).png
Снимок экрана (99).png [ 119.91 KiB | Viewed 426 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:42 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Please try the latest version now available which includes FH3 support (http://www.sim-garage.co.uk)

Cheers

Dave N.