It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: 3DSimED 3.1i
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:48 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Version 3.1i includes improved support for rF2, and adds Forza Horizon 3 Import.

Studio 397 have included a few new shaders in their release of rF2. These shaders are now supported by 3DSimED3 it should be possible to export models using these shaders. However, please understand that as 3DSimED3 remains a D3D9 application you will not see the same quality rendering in 3DSimED as in the DX11 rF2.

Support has been added to import Forza Horizon 3 cars. Also, for both FH3 and Forza Apex Import the user can now choose the LOD to import.
Note that 3DSimED3 cannot automatically detect the difference between Apex & FH3 Carbin so please make sure the correct format is chosen from the drop-down box on the Import dialog.

Attachment:
12-05-2017 20-42-43.jpg
12-05-2017 20-42-43.jpg [ 265.07 KiB | Viewed 1768 times ]

For more details and to download a free 20 day trial please visit http://www.sim-garage.co.uk

Post subject: Re: 3DSimED 3.1i
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 4:03 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Thank you so much, Dave! You'll be the reason for soooo many fixed cockpits :D

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 7:57 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Thanks Dave

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:41 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

@Dave as i said in the previous thread, the tool seems to be sensitive to some paths..
btw, can we use that RecurseUnzip script that you did for Apex models or you will make a specific one for Fh3?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:53 am 
Jackman
Jackman

when I import the carbin files there are no UV's what am I missing here,

anyone else getting this or am I missing something here,

thanks

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:40 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

I have updated a post about import Forza models to include some advice for FH3 please see http://www.sim-garage.co.uk

Cheers

Dave N.

Gta5KoRn wrote:
@Dave as i said in the previous thread, the tool seems to be sensitive to some paths..
btw, can we use that RecurseUnzip script that you did for Apex models or you will make a specific one for Fh3?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:58 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Dave Noonan wrote:
I have updated a post about import Forza models to include some advice for FH3 please see http://www.sim-garage.co.uk

Cheers

Dave N.

Gta5KoRn wrote:

hmm, you probably have another game version? thats how my fh3 looks like, similiar to apex actually:

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:12 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

It's completely outside the scope of this forum but you need to look around and find out how to get a dump of the FH3 game files. Once you have them these appear to have very strange names but the encryption will be gone.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:24 am 
Jackman
Jackman

3.1i is reporting 3.1h when clicking help ---> about 3dsimed, or is my windows mixing things up?

-TT-

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:52 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hey Dave, if you have a minute please take a look at this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVcAz9gu1Kw

The tool in the video is unreleased and may never get publicly released, but it is obviously able to find all these detail textures such as screws, grilles from reading a FH3 zip file. Is there any chance you could look into it ? At the moment, 3dsimed does a wonderful job of importing the models, and we couldn't be more thankful for your work, only thing missing seems to be a number of detail textures as seen in the video (many of them seem to be bumpmaps only).

I understand that 3dsimed is already able to utilize materialbin files, so possibly there is a chance the corresponding bump maps could be importet aswell ?

Many thanks for all your work.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:42 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi Dave, Thanks for your hard work.

I have the unpacked files for the bmw_i8_15 and _library directories, renamed to their proper filenames, however when I import the .carbin file textures like interiour fabrics and badges arent picked up (Even though they have bitmap references rather than being a procedural shader material). Its the same for other cars.

These are the directories I currently have unpacked:

Inside _Library (Full of the .swatchbin and .materialbin files)

These are the only textures 3dSimEd discovers for this car:

Do you have any ideas why its not discovering all the textures? Is there a directory or file tree I am missing?

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:06 am 
Jackman
Jackman

I guess it does actually seem like 3dsimed indeed finds the textures referenced by the materialbins, because exporting textures exports the swatchbins, but looking at the model in 3dsimed only the rgba produced texture is applied

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 11:16 am 
Jackman
Jackman

a1587186 wrote:
I guess it does actually seem like 3dsimed indeed finds the textures referenced by the materialbins, because exporting textures exports the swatchbins, but looking at the model in 3dsimed only the rgba produced texture is applied

It doesn't seem to get them all, unless i'm also doing some thing wrong. For example the badge texture gets the diff and nrml but not the gloss.
This is all the textures the SVR users yet as you can see 3DSimED gets just a fraction of them.

Other than that cracking job with the import tool. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 12:20 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Minime89 wrote:
a1587186 wrote:

It doesn't seem to get them all, unless i'm also doing some thing wrong. For example the badge texture gets the diff and nrml but not the gloss.
This is all the textures the SVR users yet as you can see 3DSimED gets just a fraction of them.

Other than that cracking job with the import tool. :wink:

Interesting. So my suspicion was correct ... can you share what method you used to obtain all textures ?

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:19 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

a1587186 wrote:
Interesting. So my suspicion was correct ... can you share what method you used to obtain all textures ?

I was kindly sent them. They was obtained using the Modelbin Textures Collector.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next