It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: rF2 Rain Drops Shader?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:30 am 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Hello, it looks like Studio 397 included a new shader in the new build that is used to have rain drops in the material assigned to.

Does 3DSimed needs an update or its using an already existing shader? As far as I know, all the legit content was updated to support this.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:39 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Yes, this will require an update to 3DSimED. Although it is possible to add the shader to the list in the Edit Material Pane by creating a small GFX as explained in the Help topic "User DirectX Shaders".

Cheers!

Dave N.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:55 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

I can't find that topic and I tried searching it manually and with google :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:46 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

It's definitely a topic in the 3DSimED Help file, but anyway there's a new release soon that will include the updated car and road shaders.

BTW, for those who are trying to compile shaders from rF2 v1109 you need to use the CoreShader.mas from the DX9 version as some of the shaders from the DX11 shader code will not compile as DX9 but even then it's not a smooth process as v1109 has big changes.

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:59 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

Dave Noonan wrote:
It's definitely a topic in the 3DSimED Help file, but anyway there's a new release soon that will include the updated car and road shaders.

BTW, for those who are trying to compile shaders from rF2 v1109 you need to use the CoreShader.mas from the DX9 version as some of the shaders from the DX11 shader code will not compile as DX9 but even then it's not a smooth process as v1109 has big changes.

Cheers

Dave N.

Hello, first of all, thank you for keeping 3DSimed up to date. This is the best program for SimRacing and the only one which allows me to do amazing mods without having professional 3ds Max knowledge.

I don't know exactly why you said about the shaders, I would like you to explain me more so I could understeand.

I just included your DX11 t1 decal t2 shader (which I suppose works in DX9 too) into an another normal .mas file of the mod.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:11 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

The method for adding shaders to 3DSimED is really for those who have some experience at working with shaders. Anyway, it should only be a few days now before the next release with the updated rF2 v1109 shaders.

When you added the shader for rF2 the GFX gives rF2 the definition of the shader and the .PSH the source code for the rendering of the shader without these files rF2 would have just used a standard diffuse shader.

Cheers

Dave N.