It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: rFactor Whelen Modifieds
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

Does anyone out there have any information as to where an rFactor Whelen Mod can be found. I have searched everywhere and have only found 1. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance. :hatecomp:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:36 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

http://www.narca.ca/narca/index.php

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:38 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Thanks Dan for the reply, but i have been there and see no place to download Whelen Modifieds Mod. I have VHR Whelen Mod and its pretty good but it has no shadows under the car and makes the car look like its skating on top of the track. I think the shadows are in a .gen file thats missing from the mod. I have spent over a week on this project for my league and just cant run this one down. I was told that gearhead gaming converted the mod but i cant run that down either. I am pretty much at the end of the road now. I really dont know what thats all about at the link you gave me, not much info there. I posted on the forum but did not get much help. Their response was the pits had a hand in developing. Thats why i came here. Guess i will have to wait till someone smarter than me completes one. Its really a shame too, the mod is a hoot!!! :hatecomp:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:31 pm 
Driver
Driver

What I was trying to tell you is; if you are trying to fix a mod other than the one I am working on, you should ask in the modding forum how to do so.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:01 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

rdd wrote:
Thanks Dan for the reply, but i have been there and see no place to download Whelen Modifieds Mod. I have VHR Whelen Mod and its pretty good but it has no shadows under the car and makes the car look like its skating on top of the track. I think the shadows are in a .gen file thats missing from the mod. I have spent over a week on this project for my league and just cant run this one down. I was told that gearhead gaming converted the mod but i cant run that down either. I am pretty much at the end of the road now. I really dont know what thats all about at the link you gave me, not much info there. I posted on the forum but did not get much help. Their response was the pits had a hand in developing. Thats why i came here. Guess i will have to wait till someone smarter than me completes one. Its really a shame too, the mod is a hoot!!! :hatecomp:

The issue you are looking at with the missing shadows is threefold.

The first issue is if they they are correctly called out in the gen files.

The second issue would be is there a supporting gmt files in place called out in the gens.

The third would be is there a texture file defined in the gmt's called for by the gens.

All of these things would need to be in place and called out correctly in the gen file structure in order for them to work. Should not be a hard fix. I have never looked at that mod although am downloading it now to see what you are looking at.

Likely a topic better suited for the Sim Editing sub-forum.

Let you know what I see when it is done downloading.

Kev

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:48 pm 
Legendary Driver
Legendary Driver

I will look at it during lunch now, and post a fix for you soon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:38 pm 
Jackman
Jackman

I just knew someone smarter than me would be willing to lend a helping hand to a crazy "ole" man. Thanks guys for your help. I knew i could not do it, i barely get through breakfast without gettin confused! LOL!!! :drive:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:13 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

If James didn't already take care of you then check your PM.

It would appear a search path edit to the gens was also needed in order for you to get what you wanted.

If you want to see the shadows in spinner then you need some showroom edits as well to the spinner floor opacity.

Kev

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:06 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Kev, thank you so much for your time and energy in correcting this problem. IT WORKS GREAT!!!! I thank you personally and my league thanks you. If we can ever be of assistance to you please dont hesitate to ask. Thanks again. :congrats: :drive: PS: check your PM.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:11 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Glad to hear that worked out for you ok. I saw your PM and will have to take them for a spin.

Kev