It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: 3DSimED V2.10
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:37 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Version 2.10 is released.

Headline features include support for F1-2010, use of smoothing groups from formats such as GMT and 3DS, and import of Wavefront .OBJ.

More details, and 3DSimED V2.10 to download, can be found at http://www.sim-garage.co.uk/tools_version_history.htm.

Note: new users will can evaluate the full product for 20 days but will have to purchase a license to allow product activation and use after the demo period has expired.

Cheers!

Dave Noonan

Post subject: Re: 3DSimED V2.10
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:55 pm 
Champion Driver
Champion Driver

:nanadance: :nana:

.obj importer :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:59 pm 
Legendary Driver
Legendary Driver

MaxE wrote:
:nanadance: :nana:

.obj importer :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

QFT!

:woot:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:08 pm 
Legendary Driver
Legendary Driver

WOW, wtg, I may have to buy V2 now... I bought V1 way back in 05.. Nice job Dave...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:24 am 
Jackman
Jackman

I can't say I understand what you mean by :

"Greater support for F1 2010 Cars and Tracks"

It's exactly the same as 2.9 as far as I can tell.

/

The main problem at the moment are tyre walls, that don't import whatsoever.

Also, a lot of objects are out of scale, for instance the overhead gantrys, which are standing on the ground INSIDE the track barriers, etc.

Not so bothered about that - for me - tyre walls is the most important feature still missing.

/

2.9 was already good enough to manage cars, but virtually all of the tracks are off-limits until either somebody re-designs the walls for each track, or a future version of 3DSimEd manages to Import them properly.

Something to do with animations, obviously I don't even remotely care about the animations, I just need the geometry of the tyre walls to Import :)

/

Thanks for the best program EVER.

I just hope you can find a way to get the tyre walls to import in 2.11 ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:51 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

OK, I will have a look at these issues and try to correct them as soon as I can; thanks for pointing them out.

BTW there's a big difference with the car import because 2.10 maps the texture names correctly which should be saving a lot of time.

Cheers!

Dave N.

doser wrote:
The main problem at the moment are tyre walls, that don't import whatsoever.

Also, a lot of objects are out of scale, for instance the overhead gantrys, which are standing on the ground INSIDE the track barriers, etc.

Not so bothered about that - for me - tyre walls is the most important feature still missing.

/

2.9 was already good enough to manage cars, but virtually all of the tracks are off-limits until either somebody re-designs the walls for each track, or a future version of 3DSimEd manages to Import them properly.

Something to do with animations, obviously I don't even remotely care about the animations, I just need the geometry of the tyre walls to Import :)

/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:22 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Ah, thanks for mentioning the cars, I didn't know that. But personally I haven't been doing cars.

I finished Korea for rFactor a few weeks ago, it was good enough for our league race, but was still lacking tyre barriers.

Korea is virtually the only track playable at the moment, because luckily it has Armco barriers all around the track.

/

But if you look at virtually any other track in 2.10, you will see overhead gantry's out of scale, and missing walls.

Interlagos for example, I was all excited and going at it pulling an all-nighter - then I realised Sector 3 has like no outer walls.

Also the pit exit, basically anything animated or related to tyre walls isn't imported properly.

/

Interlagos and Hungaroring are sitting on my hard drive doing nothing, because they have gaping holes in the side of the track :)

I don't have the skill in 3DSMax to re-design the walls, so I would rather wait and see if you can fix the problem.

/

No pressure! :)

Thanks again for probably the most important software EVER made for games :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:27 pm 
Tirechanger
Tirechanger

there is a major bug on my xp machine: collision objects exported with 2.10 are messed up. laptimes won't count, and cars are driving through barriers. it's not the matter of normals, as all faces are showing in the desired direction. when writing the same objects using an older version (2.5), everything is fine. writing the files on my win7 64bit install with 2.10 is also ok.
i made also a try, creating a cube in simed and placed it on a track. some of the faces of the cube are solid barriers, while others are drive-troughable.

btw, nice feature about the vertex colors :)

markus ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:52 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Very sorry about that, the tracks I had initially tested were OK, but I now see there are problems with other tracks.

I have been at work creating a new version which I should push out this weekend.

Cheers!

Dave N.

markus wrote:
there is a major bug on my xp machine: collision objects exported with 2.10 are messed up. laptimes won't count, and cars are driving through barriers. it's not the matter of normals, as all faces are showing in the desired direction. when writing the same objects using an older version (2.5), everything is fine. writing the files on my win7 64bit install with 2.10 is also ok.
i made also a try, creating a cube in simed and placed it on a track. some of the faces of the cube are solid barriers, while others are drive-troughable.

markus ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:24 am 
Jackman
Jackman

markus wrote:

markus ;-)

I actually can't believe this...

I spent like 4 days thinking it was my fault that the walls were breaking on Monza........

I was pulling my hair out, laptimes weren't registering, and I literally wasted an entire week concentrating on just getting the walls to work.

And now somebody tells me it would have worked if I just went back to 2.8 ?

Man.... I had a feeling...

At least I didn't pull my hair out....

Please fix that problem because it almost drove me to suicide. LUL.

For no reason, some walls would work, others you would go straight through and fall off the track.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]