It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 3DSimEd Basics...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:45 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi all, I'm new to 3DsimEd and am trying to do some very simple track editing for the sim venue I work at.

My problem:

In the most part I'm trying to simply open the .scn and edit the position or maybe add a single tyrewall object to complete things such as block off a chicane.
The modelling is not a problem, however when I come to export I update the .scn file but that doesn't update when loaded in game. I then reload the .scn file in 3DSimEd and the change I've made is gone... Seen as I am not adding objects I don't think I need to be messing with the .MAS files do I? Is that what I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: 3DSimEd Basics...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:04 pm 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

Are you exporting the .GMT?, the .scn file is simply a list of the objects, it does not hold the position. If you move an object you need to export the .GMT

Cheers

Dave N.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:13 am 
Jackman
Jackman

Hi Dave, thanks for your response! I've tried your method and am now able to successfully export the track with changes and all works perfectly!

I am now at the point where I want to copy the track changes over to replace the original on another circuit... however the MAS file seems to not update (date modified still says 2012) and therefore the track doesn't change despite replacing original files...

Effectively I now have the updated circuit on both systems - the one on which I have done the editing shows changes - the one in which I have replaced does not show any changes whatsoever. Any ideas?

I am still using the 3DSimEd method of just saving/exporting objects + adding to mas then updating .scn file.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:37 am 
US Pits Crew
US Pits Crew

For tracks there is no need to use the add to .mas, the changes should just show up providing the objects have been saved and the .scn updated.

Which games is this for?

Cheers!

Dave N.